Piggy Tracker Quick Start Guide

starpause

Website
mp3death.us
fetch.php.png
lgpt is the lsdj-alike wav tracker for gp2x/gp32/windows ... it's designed from the ground up to get tracking done fast with a gamepad interface, but i think the sterile interface is a bit much to tackle off the bat. i wrote up a step-by-step guide to get anyone interested up to speed ... before the music compo i'll be anouncing in another week ;) [cut]

http://mp3death.us/lgpt/doku.php?id=lgpt:quick_start_guide
http://mp3death.us/lgpt/doku.php?id=lgpt:quick_start_guide

also, if you're reading through the quick start guide and something doesn't make sense ... post questions here or pm ... i want the guide to be as straight forward as possible so please let me know where it's not!

thanks, and have fun! B)[/cut]

I just found out about this program a week ago, and all the sudden the guide is up! THANK YOU!! :lol:

Kick-ass.

Questions:

In the project menu: Why can't tempo go below 60 (base10)? What is the MIDI feature and what happens if I change the flag to True?

ThaiGrocer posted on Sep 6 2006 at 03:36 PM said:
Questions:

In the project menu: Why can't tempo go below 60 (base10)? What is the MIDI feature and what happens if I change the flag to True?

i guess 0x3c (60) is the lowest possible tempo and 0x190 (400) is the highest possible tempo, seems like superficial limitations and you may be able to convince m-.-n of removing them ...

speaking of talking w/ the dev, i forgot to mention the piggy mailing list ... m-.-n is active on the list and the community there is good as well! check it out:

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/littlegptracker/

as for MIDI ... that will generate a midi clock aka sync signal ... on the gp2x it's messed up because the serial port baud rate isn't easily configurable (work arounds are being considered), but it works in windows and gp32.

Last edited by a moderator:
starpause posted on Sep 6 2006 at 05:43 PM said:
as for MIDI ... that will generate a midi clock aka sync signal ... on the gp2x it's messed up because the serial port baud rate isn't easily configurable (work arounds are being considered), but it works in windows and gp32.

Cant waitfor that... Also looking forward to the advanced commands guide so I can figure out how to use OSC Mode in Instruments, and PLOF as well...

peter

Peter Swimm posted on Sep 10 2006 at 10:15 AM said:
Also looking forward to the advanced commands guide so I can figure out how to use OSC Mode in Instruments, and PLOF as well...

peter

commands and instruments are covered in full @ the reference manual ... i'll add a "further reading" section to the quickstart mentioning that & the mailing list :)

starpause posted on Sep 10 2006 at 03:57 PM said:
Peter Swimm posted on Sep 10 2006 at 10:15 AM said:
Also looking forward to the advanced commands guide so I can figure out how to use OSC Mode in Instruments, and PLOF as well...

peter

commands and instruments are covered in full @ the reference manual ... i'll add a "further reading" section to the quickstart mentioning that & the mailing list :)

Saying how something works is very different that lavishly showing how it works, like you did with your great quick start guide. I have to just find an appropriate drum fill off this skit system cd to play with it I i suppose...

Peter Swimm posted on Sep 10 2006 at 08:26 PM said:
Saying how something works is very different that lavishly showing how it works, like you did with your great quick start guide. I have to just find an appropriate drum fill off this skit system cd to play with it I i suppose...

haha, you're too kind B) but point taken :)

i think playing with the effects with an idea of what they should do is best, you'll wind up surprised or maybe have suggestions for how the commands could/should work if it's too frusterating to execute what you had in mind.

tables are planned and will slop a whole new helping of sickness down on the dinner plate ... maybe when those are around i'll do another guide because tables were always a big step for people getting into lsdj.

starpause posted on Sep 10 2006 at 10:49 PM said:
Peter Swimm posted on Sep 10 2006 at 08:26 PM said:

haha, you're too kind B) but point taken :)

i think playing with the effects with an idea of what they should do is best, you'll wind up surprised or maybe have suggestions for how the commands could/should work if it's too frusterating to execute what you had in mind.

tables are planned and will slop a whole new helping of sickness down on the dinner plate ... maybe when those are around i'll do another guide because tables were always a big step for people getting into lsdj.

I love tables cause im too lazy to step a command manually everytime I want to do a effect... MACRO AWAY!

Back