PIM Software?

pmprog

DNF (Did Not Finish)
Since starting to use KeePass, I've been much more interested in dropping all my contacts and calender into a piece of software for running on every device (Windows/Linux/Pandora/WinMo6.5). However, I am wanting all the data to be encrypted.

Key Areas

# Password Manager

# Contacts (Name/Phone/Mail/Address/etc.)

# Calendar (Reminders)

I'm wondering if anybody knows anything like this? I've had a scout about, but I can't find any which do all three.

I'm considering developing it myself if I can't find one. Probably in C++ using Qt (I believe Qt is available on WinMo6.5) so should easily be portable everywhere.

I'm wondering if anybody knows anything like this? I've had a scout about, but I can't find any which do all three.
I've looked too and havent find anything usefull. but my googlefoo is weak ;)

I'm considering developing it myself if I can't find one. Probably in C++ using Qt (I believe Qt is available on WinMo6.5) so should easily be portable everywhere.
Go ahead (yes QT is avail on winmo)

I'm currently trying last four days to build/pack Emacs to PND. So far not successfuly (I've never build anything from source code before) and there are moments when I think I'll just give up and use the one from Angstrom repo installed in nand.

But I believe that Emacs with org-mode and BBDB can be used as full featured PIM although it has some learning curve.

Last edited by a moderator:
But I believe that Emacs with org-mode and BBDB can be used as full featured PIM although it has some learning curve.
You're packaging Emacs into a PND?
worshippy.gif
Please succeed.

I agree with you, Emacs+org-mode+BBDB is one of the better PIM options available.

I agree with you, Emacs+org-mode+BBDB is one of the better PIM options available.
:blink:

Emacs is a text editor? I did follow the links. None of them mention anything to do with encryption.

If I build one specific, I can add nice features like password generation, syncing between devices, syncing with phone's phonebook etc.

Would many people be interested in that?

Emacs is a text editor? I did follow the links. None of them mention anything to do with encryption.
Well, some call it an operating system. Essentially Emacs is an elisp interpreter with some default programs (called major-modes) aimed at editing text.

Encryption of data in org-mode is supported through e.g. Org-crypt. Password generators also exist. I admit that it takes quite some time to get comfortable with Emacs and quite a bit of tinkering to get it to work in the way you want it, but there are few things it cannot do.

There are minds that are compatible with Emacs. Those who are, will find it the best at almost every task (and I mean every).

Those who are not, will run the other way screaming :)

Back