Pixel Art?

Great video, just watched!

Pretty comfortable setup! There should also be a way to use GAP to have the lightable etc animations stuff. :)

I've decided I like Aseprite best, but I can't get it to compile on Pandora. I run Cmake, and I just get this incredibly long error log that I can't make heads or tails of. Does anyone else have it on Pandora? If not, could someone help me out?

I have no way of testing it, but I got aseprite to build with some minor tweaks (apart from adding a few things cmake can't autodetect to the cache, the main one was one place in the palette code where whoever wrote it thought it was a good idea to demand an int to be placed in eax. Easy fix.)

http://t.rdw.se/aseprite.tar.bz2

If it works, I'll leave it to someone else to do a proper release of it :p

I use RGBPaint on Linux and thought that it would be a fantastic starting point for making a custom Pixel art program on the Pandora.

Can't get the damn thing to compile though and I wouldn't have the coding know how to tweak it yet if I did.

Raspian sources are here for anyone that's interested :)

rgbpaint2.png

Last edited by a moderator:
^ That looks a lot like mtPaint?

EDIT: Oh, Mark Tyler is the original author of mtPaint, that explains it.

Can't get the damn thing to compile though and I wouldn't have the coding know how to tweak it yet if I did
what issues did you have with the compilation ? From what I checked it should be straightforward. 

I've decided I like Aseprite best, but I can't get it to compile on Pandora. I run Cmake, and I just get this incredibly long error log that I can't make heads or tails of. Does anyone else have it on Pandora? If not, could someone help me out?
Did you follow these instructions ? 

https://github.com/aseprite/aseprite/blob/master/INSTALL.md

^ Aseprite doesn't compile on ARM out-of-the-box anyway due to at least one minor issue, with the code assuming x86 with GNU C compiler.

Can't get the damn thing to compile though and I wouldn't have the coding know how to tweak it yet if I did
what issues did you have with the compilation ? From what I checked it should be straightforward. 

Did you follow these instructions ? 

https://github.com/aseprite/aseprite/blob/master/INSTALL.md
Yes, I did, and it gave me an error log that was a mile long. I think something's wrong with the Pandora verion of Cmake.

I have no way of testing it, but I got aseprite to build with some minor tweaks (apart from adding a few things cmake can't autodetect to the cache, the main one was one place in the palette code where whoever wrote it thought it was a good idea to demand an int to be placed in eax. Easy fix.)

http://t.rdw.se/aseprite.tar.bz2

If it works, I'll leave it to someone else to do a proper release of it :p
Works pretty well, but still has the problem where the UI refuses to scale down, like in the Windows version. Actually, I can't find the config file anywhere. But, it still works, and I greatly appreciate this.

That's what I thought too but I think I messed up on setting up the dev environment correctly. The PND I made installed fine but didn't run.

I'm not actually that bothered about porting it myself at the minute as all my spare time is spent learning to code. If someone else would find it useful and wants to do it then they should feel free. I'll do it myself later if there are no takers :)

^ That looks a lot like mtPaint?

EDIT: Oh, Mark Tyler is the original author of mtPaint, that explains it.
:D

That's one of the reasons why I thought it might be a good starting point for a project for some one. It already has the pedigree ;)

There is very few things that would need tweaking to make it a perfect fit for the Pandora in all honesty.

Back