Planet Hively - Gp2x Music Disk!

Kojote

Certified Guru
Staff member
Website
www.pdroms.de
Planet Hively is a "musicdisk" released for plenty of platforms, such as GP2x. Official page of the creator group "IRIS" - http://www.irishq.dk/

20080313_Planet_Hively_(GP2x_Demo).png

Download: http://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=49931

PS: The GP2x binary is said to be not that stable...

Hi,

The inital port was broken and would crash. There is a new build up on the website now that is tested and wroks fine.

There is also a port to the GP32, but it doesn't work at all :-(

We need help with the GP32 port because we don't actually have a GP32 to test with. The source and binary for the GP32 port is here:

http://www.hivelytracker.com/planethively/untested/

Cheers,
Pete

Hmm.. i'm not sure i'd want to track with a joystick :)

I don't know if i'm allowed to mention the D word here, but i was thinking about doing a version of the tracker for a certain popular handheld with a stylus.

Xeron said:
Hmm.. i'm not sure i'd want to track with a joystick :)

I don't know if i'm allowed to mention the D word here, but i was thinking about doing a version of the tracker for a certain popular handheld with a stylus.
I knew you would do something for the GP2X-F200 ;)

btw, Planet Hively works well on my F200, but the sound is too loud as usual with this console, and I can't click on the flower 'cos the d-pad doesn't work :( I also tried this under Linux and AROS and everyting works fine :) I'll give it a go under Haiku later to see if it works too ;)

Bye and thanks, Magic Sam

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you mean you have a broken D-Pad?

If not, there is a special mode in planet hively for platforms without a pointing device that assumes at least a D-Pad and two buttons. It works like this:

* Point the D-Pad in one of the 8 possible directions and hit button 1 to choose a petal on the tunes flower.
* Point the D-Pad in one of the 8 possible directions and hit button 2 to choose a petal on the text flower.
* When the text viewer is open, use the D-Pad to scroll it
* Press button 1 & 2 together to close the text viewer

You can't kill the butterflies or hear the bonus track without a pointing device, though.

Xeron said:
Do you mean you have a broken D-Pad?
No, I meant the d-pad is not working with planet hively. I can see a mouse cursor on the upper left corner of the screen, but it won't move.

If not, there is a special mode in planet hively for platforms without a pointing device that assumes at least a D-Pad and two buttons. It works like this:

* Point the D-Pad in one of the 8 possible directions and hit button 1 to choose a petal on the tunes flower.
* Point the D-Pad in one of the 8 possible directions and hit button 2 to choose a petal on the text flower.
* When the text viewer is open, use the D-Pad to scroll it
* Press button 1 & 2 together to close the text viewer

It works perfectly, thanks :) The sound is too loud though. Is there any key sequence to choose the sun and then exit ?

You can't kill the butterflies or hear the bonus track without a pointing device, though.

Bonus track ? :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back