Play-asia Service (or Lack Of!)

NickLoTurco

Website
www.hitthesport.com
Hi, I know we've covered this but couldn't find the topic. I ordered a big bundle on October 22nd, F-200 and everything else, everything has arrived except the adaptor (not in stock). I've e-mailed them 3 times with the order number and they've never replied, I'm going to have to get one from argos now, should the cheapest one be fine?

I even said I'd cancel the order but they won't get back to me. Might aswell have two, one for the GP2x and one for the cradle. Even so, poor customer service. Anyone else had these issues?

Play-Asia.com order #83xxxx5 from Nov 19, 2007 and it was picked up on the 10th of December.

I only ordered a GP2x F-200, but I had some issues with my credit card so I've sent some official papers and the next day (19th of Nov) the product was delivered.

By the way I'm from Romania. I think something has happened with their stock. Maybe they will ship you one when they have it in stock. At least you have the sweets, right? :D

By adaptor do you mean power supply? I pre-ordered a power supply with my F200, I recieved the f200 about 2 months ago but the power supply hasn't been sent yet. I emailed them, and they replied with the usual "the delay is further down the line" sidestep. Its now ~1 month past its "estimated shipping date".

Heres what their email said:
Dear Lachlan,

Thank you for contacting Play-Asia.com.

We are sorry for delay shipping to you this time as sudden delay delivery from suppliers to us. Afterwards, we have contacted the suppliers very frequently to ask them to deliver the goods to us as soon as possible. We would kindly ship the order to you at once after the re-stock. I kindly ask if you would wait for little more in this circumstance.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,

Joe
Play-Asia.com

By the way Im not sure if the power supply for the cradle and GP2X is exactly the same, have a look at the wiki before you buy anything.

Just thought i would bump this and say that Play-asia still hasn't sent out my power supply. Its been about 4 months since i ordered it and 3 months since the predicted shipping date. Its really slowing down the dev projects i've got going at the moment (hexen 2 and possibly stratagus).

Has anybody recieved there power supply yet? Or managed to get their money back?

I'm still pretty neutral about the whole play-asia experience, they did manage to get my f200 to me quickly.

Well i sent the F-200 I ordered from them back which got there on the 22nd of last month. They are yet to even test it yet to prove it's faulty before I get my refund. SD cards weren't being recognised on it. SD cards which work fine on the F-200 that I bought from the UK supplier last week! I should get my money back, just don't know when. I asked about getting my money back for the power supply, as I use one bought at argos for £7, I didn't get a reply on this. It was meant to be shipped back last October!

Back