Customer service (lack of communication)

A little less self-righteousness and a bit more "oh dear, how can I be sure my order is going to be processed?" in your posts and you would get a better, more sympathetic response here.

Well, what can I say... I say things how they are and to the point. If it offends peoples then tough titties.

Not offending anyone, as far as I can tell, just irritating. Surely you're trying to resolve the issue of poor communication by making it public knowledge?* This being the case, why would you want to irritate people by appearing stand-off-ish? What I meant was that a majority of people on these forums would naturally empathise with your position if it were better put. Or did you intend to cause an argument?

"It is easy to say "send out regular e-mails", but, no matter how simple it might seem, there are circumstances wherein doing so becomes a huge logistical task for a small organisation.

You make this sound like a major chore for them to keep their customers updated. All they need is a news bulletin each month to keep customers informed, and if you really think that is such an effort for them to do, then maybe they should post something here on their developer blog:-

http://openpandora.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=2&Itemid=2&lang=en

... After all, why bother having this section on their web site if they can't even be bothered to update it - it hasn't been updated since 26 May 2011 ! ... and yes, just one update here on their section of the website every 30 days would suffice to keep the customers informed. Please don't tell me they can't manage that !

I agree that they should make their communication more transparent, but its not that they don't say what's going on, but that they say it in forum threads so it takes a bit more chasing down. They should link to the 'stalker' on their blog page, perhaps. Their private e-mail communication is pretty good, considering the current pressures. If you have experienced different then that's unfortunate, but hardly unusual within the industry.

... because premium buyers like myself are effectively holding the business afloat by paying the highly inflated premium price in the first place by paying to receive a Pandora in 7 days!

Sort of. Its inflated from its original price because that was being sold at a loss. You paid the price of the unit as it would be, were the project to begin anew today, knowing what they do. You and I (I upgraded) are not paying a massive mark-up.

You are right though, they should be shipped** within seven days. Unfortunately that is currently impossible, as are partial refunds. We have to accept this and that they have a back-log of e-mails as high as a virtual Ben Nevis because no amount of angrily proclaiming what should be will change it.

*Which it is already, of course.

**Rather than delivered.

Not offending anyone, as far as I can tell, just irritating. Surely you're trying to resolve the issue of poor communication by making it public knowledge?* This being the case, why would you want to irritate people by appearing stand-off-ish? What I meant was that a majority of people on these forums would naturally empathise with your position if it were better put. Or did you intend to cause an argument?

Irritating other people on this forum is not my intention, nor is resolving an issue via complaining, because I know OPT don't take any notice anyway. My point of posting is if somebody I can save the misery of putting up with the lack of communication between OPT and it's customers when trying to get answers to their purchase then I will of succeeded in my quest.

I agree that they should make their communication more transparent, but its not that they don't say what's going on, but that they say it in forum threads so it takes a bit more chasing down. They should link to the 'stalker' on their blog page, perhaps. Their private e-mail communication is pretty good, considering the current pressures. If you have experienced different then that's unfortunate, but hardly unusual within the industry.

Agreed - yes, the forum provides information. Problem is for many users, having to track seperate threads to get the news the customer requires is not a "proper" way to inform customers, because they can miss important information with multiple threads running at once. Alas, which applies to my case of thinking I would be getting a Pandora in 7 days to later trawl through threads in the forum which reveals the company is up sh*t creek without a paddle.

Sort of. Its inflated from its original price because that was being sold at a loss. You paid the price of the unit as it would be, were the project to begin anew today, knowing what they do. You and I (I upgraded) are not paying a massive mark-up.

The point I was making is the price is more than those whom pre-ordered, so in my view it is still a "price markup".

You are right though, they should be shipped** within seven days. Unfortunately that is currently impossible, as are partial refunds. We have to accept this and that they have a back-log of e-mails as high as a virtual Ben Nevis because no amount of angrily proclaiming what should be will change it.

*Which it is already, of course.

**Rather than delivered.

Well that amasses to misleading customers imho... In the world of business if you pay for a product or service, if the supplier says the item will be delivered within the specified timescale, and they fail to deliver, the customer has the right to a refund. Sadly, as they are not offering customers a partial refund due to the missed 7 day deadline for premium orders, then it will probably look like people will soon be asking for complete refunds. Yes, no amount of email will change the circumstances, and like I have written previously if I can save somebody entering into this misery, then so the better.

As for myself, I will give OPT a little longer to sort out this mess with this project after which I'll be joining the refund kew.

- end of rant -

Last edited by a moderator:
Well that amasses to misleading customers imho... In the world of business if you pay for a product or service, if the supplier says the item will be delivered within the specified timescale, and they fail to deliver, the customer has the right to a refund.
can you imagine??? we could possibly be by pandora 3 by now....

Well, after ringing customer service gawd knows how many times and being put through to voicemail, and my calls not returned after leaving messages, I get through to a lady on the phone at long last (at last a human !)... I've been informed batch 1 are still being finished and tested by CircuitCo and that I should receive my Pandora in 2 weeks... I hope that is indeed the case, otherwise I'll probably just cancel the order...

Back