I want to cancel my order!

omisnad

Still Fresh
What does it take to cancel my order and get my money back?

After 3 years of waiting ive decided to throw in the towel.

I have being trying to contact openpandora for about 4 weeks now. Ive sent refund requests via google checkout, sent emails direct to openpandora and tried to phone them. No replies whatsoever. Their phoneline doesnt work - either cutting out, static or occasionally just goes to answerphone to which they dont return messages. It seems i am not the only one finding it impossible to contact them, yet nobody seems to care.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think craig needs to get his email backlog done quickly!

This could start to scare off potential buyers, too.

It being frustrating to get in contact with OP seems to be the new meme. I guess "Two Months" is back in fashion, only now it's for a response to email.

Hopefully ED will seek to improve this when the Pandora project is "reborn".

PS: No need for all caps and a plethora of exclamation marks.

Ive being sitting quietly ever since ordering Pandora. Ive ordered from Craigx a few times before in the long distant past (GP2X etc). I always mananagd to contact Jaquline via email and phone no problems whataoever. I initially ordered the Pandora in OCT 08 via paypal and after it was refunded my wife was unwilling to do a BACs transfer. Then in Feb 10 when they reopened the 1st batch and could pay via google checkout I reordered. Again quick email replies and i could phone and speak to Jaquline at any time.

However after a total 3 years of waiting the Pandora is not the power house it was then and subquiently not as desirable (for £280ish anyway).

I initially phoned about 2 months ago for the 1st time since ordering in Feb 10 - a lady answered the phone and said Jaquline was on lunch and would phone back when she got back - she never did. Then when i decided i wanted to cancel my preorder a month ago, ive found it impossible to make contact.

Now, i was undecided about cancelling my preorder (which is why i phone them in the first place) and even if i did i would probably wait with a view to ordering again sometime in the future when they finally have a steady supply of stock in Craigs store rather than all this 'preordering' fiasco. However, my biggest worry now is that in view of Pandoras complete lack of communication is what happens if i did recieve one and it has issues and needs to be returned or exchange for repair? It is because of this, that finally pushed me off the fence and decided i have no choice but to cancel my preorder.

I am currently taking matters legally, but as you can appreciate trying to unravel and document Pandoras checkered past is very complex, time consuming and a route i would rather avoid (hence this topic as my final plead for help). Why cant i just cancel my preorder, as i thought i would be able too if worst came to the worst.

Although I wont be part of it i still want the Pandora to succeed, but Pandoras complete lack of email/phone communications really will kill the project dead. The fact that EvilDragon seems to be running the show now with Craig seemingly putting all his efforts into the icontrolpad wont help inspire confidence in us in the UK either.

+1 If I was a potential customer with a passing knowledge of the project I'd run a mile after seeing quite a few threads of this nature.

As I've been a follower of the Pandora project from day one I can assure people like omisnad that you have nothing to fear, it might take a while to get your money back but you'll get it.

Come on Craig, this needs sorting out.

It being frustrating to get in contact with OP seems to be the new meme. I guess "Two Months" is back in fashion, only now it's for a response to email.

PS: No need for all caps and a plethora of exclamation marks.

... email backlog is one thing but what what about the dead phoneline, which on the very rare occasions does go to answer phone doesnt get responded too?

+1 If I was a potential customer with a passing knowledge of the project I'd run a mile after seeing quite a few threads of this nature.

As I've been a follower of the Pandora project from day one I can assure people like omisnad that you have nothing to fear, it might take a while to get your money back but you'll get it.

Come on Craig, this needs sorting out.

Ive been a follower since day one too. Like i said above ive also ordered from them in the past (gbax.com) with no issues whatsoever and i would have posted the same reply as you. However, only now has my confidence in them been blown. If only i could speak to someone that could at least confirm that the refund request is been processed then it wouldnt be a problem.

That sure is part of my plan!

And I'm doing everything to achieve that.

While I don't know exactly why the replies from Jacquelyne take so long right now, I can imagine that she doesn't currently work fulltime.

With CC not really delivering boards, Craig probably lowered the fixed costs his company has as much as possible until this is all resolved and production is going to happen in Germany.

Otherwise, he'd quickly run out of money and would need to close down the company, and that won't help anyone.

I have a bad feeling about this...

Well, as far as I read on these boards, some users had problems getting through to them for a while, but got their refund in the end.

I wouldn't cause drama without really knowing what's going on.

I know Jacquelyne normally replies to me within 1 day (I got higher priority, yay!), currently, it takes up to one week.

So my guess is that Craig tries to keep the costs as low as possible until everything that involves CC (possible legal action, etc.), which makes perfect sense.

Also, my business plan includes refunds and the units for Craigs customers as well, so that also covers the worst case.

My gut tells me it will all work out. Sometimes great things are hard won but all the more sweet when their in your grasp.Im happy to leave my preorder and call it a loss if it doesent work out. Though i can understand the lack of a response being frustrating but id bet my money on ed that he will sort it.

I personally would call Craig's shop before making a stink on the forums, because in reality what does that accomplish other than stir people up.

With due respect and understanding people are busy, why should one call anywhere and try different emails other than the official one to get refund? If it wasn't Pandora, I would 'make a stink' anywhere I could reach and warn people not to poke the company with a 10 ft pole if I were in situation like this.

Whilst i appreciate your positive responses ED - infact its purely down to your sole respect for us and keeping us informed via pandorapress that has kept me hanging on for so long. However, I really dont know if you are fully aware of the problems some of us are facing with communications. I am not some impatient guy who emailed once a few days ago and complaining cause i havnt had a reply.

To reiterate:

About 2 months ago phoned - was told Jacquelyn was on lunch and would phone me back that afternoon - never did.

About 6 weeks ago phoned - left a message - didnt reply.

About 5 weeks ago phoned - left a message - didnt reply.

About 4 weeks ago phoned - left a message - didnt reply.

1st September sent refund request via google checkout.

9th September sent email quoting orginal order details asking for preorder cancellation direct to pandora @ openpandorasales.gmail.com.

From 2nd September to today (21st September) I have been phoning 3 or 4 times daily at various times during the day.

Everytime i phone it either goes dead immediately, rings once then goes dead or usually it rings once then theres just static noise on the phone. This happens when i phone during hours (10am-4pm). Today i even spammed the phone for half an hour in one last ditched attempt to get through, but everytime goes dead or static sound after one ring.

If i phone outside the hours (after 4pm) then occasionally it might go to answer phone - i havnt left a 4th message since i dont see the point.

Ive tried phoning from different landlines and via mobile phone with the same issues.

This lack of reply and phone problems is usually the first signs of a company in dire trouble, and certainly doesnt give a positive impression to the outside world.

So ED, since you do have 'higher priority' could you at least please ask Jacquelyne to sort out their phoneline. Then at least us mortals (whom monies they have) can at least get things sorted if required. There is nothing i want more than to post on here that everything has been resolved, rather than this pessimistic tone and cause concern to anyone ....

I personally would call Craig's shop before making a stink on the forums, because in reality what does that accomplish other than stir people up.
True story bro.

Have you read my posts, or did you just read the title and comment regardless ??? I have been phoning the contact number supplied via google checkout, their emails and the same number that gets posted here - 0191 2432253 ... which unless im mistaken IS craigs.

FYI i had no intention of 'making a stink' on the forums as you put it. I was going to claim my money back via legal process and slip quietly away. It is only because of the time and paperwork involved in documenting everything, that ive decided to post this topic as a last resort in hope of saving me the hassle.

Ok... So I feel less lonely now, as I don't have any answer either for my refund too (even if I didn't tried as hard as you...)

This is really annoying. Could Graigx or someone give us an anwser (and a refund) ?

Thanks...

Yep, Seems things have slowed down a lot. I am even experiencing this with ordering parts.

Stradian - really? How long were the delays for you? I've ordered the cables, wouldn't like to wait for years. :)

Back