Play Emulators With 2 Players

lindros

Still Fresh
Hey
I am looking into the GP2X's and I was wondering if you can play emulators with 2 players via a usb controller while it is played on the tv?
Thanks.

maybe that could work for 1v1 table games via mame. One player uses joystick and volume the other uses 4 buttons and R.

ok, so i take it that you can't use a usb controller for a 2nd player. that would have been a pretty good feature...like how the sega nomad could be used as a console with a 2nd player port when its hooked up to the tv.

As far as I know, both of the latest versions of Mame and the CPS2 emulator have limited USB player 2 support..

PicoDrive automatically detected my crappy old Logitech USB controller, but I didn't have time to check for a 2nd controller.

Yeah some of the emulators (PicoDrive,CPS2 and some mothers) detect joysticks and you can play multiplayer with multiple joysticks :) We had PicoDrive rigged up onto a big projector with an N64 pad(via adaptoid) and a PS2 pad(via my weird ps2 adaptor...)

PokeParadox said:
Yeah some of the emulators (PicoDrive,CPS2 and some mothers) detect joysticks and you can play multiplayer with multiple joysticks :) We had PicoDrive rigged up onto a big projector with an N64 pad(via adaptoid) and a PS2 pad(via my weird ps2 adaptor...)

what about the new CRADLE for the gP2X??? check it out at the gp2x.com site

Last edited by a moderator:
What about it? The only difference between the cradle and the dev board is that the cradle has a case. And the only difference between a devboard and my crappy hacked USB-Host/TV-out cable is that the devboard offers more than 1 USB port and Video. Oh and my cable has composite AND Svideo connectors.

The cradle doesn't magically mean everything will work with whatever you connect to it. The software, including the GP2X menu has to be updated so you can navigate the menu with a USB joystick etc.

Back