Play Us Games On A Uk N64?

Anonymous D

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to play us games (waverace) on a uk console. The only difference as far as i can see is two lumps of plastic in the back of the cartridge slot. Can these just be removed or do i need some kind of adapter?

Anonymous D posted on Dec 20 2006 at 12:27 PM said:
I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to play us games (waverace) on a uk console. The only difference as far as i can see is two lumps of plastic in the back of the cartridge slot. Can these just be removed or do i need some kind of adapter?
You need a Passport 64 or similar, I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anonymous D posted on Dec 20 2006 at 02:18 PM said:
would i need an nstc tv to use the games?
No, as long as your TV supports 60hz you'll be fine.

This reminds me of when I modded my snes to play all those sweeeeett dragonball Z games from japan. I wanted to play Hyper Dimension so bad that I figured out a way to mod the plastic bits inside the snes by using a dremel to file them into oblivion.

Twas worth it :D Hyper dimension is the best fighting game. EVER!

yet I digress....I dunno the answer to your question :p

ps: I realized 3 years later that the funny adapter my mom's ex boyfriend gave me when I was 6 was for playing jap games on US systems ;) I fail.

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Dec 20 2006 at 11:38 AM said:
This reminds me of when I modded my snes to play all those sweeeeett dragonball Z games from japan. I wanted to play Hyper Dimension so bad that I figured out a way to mod the plastic bits inside the snes by using a dremel to file them into oblivion.

ps: I realized 3 years later that the funny adapter my mom's ex boyfriend gave me when I was 6 was for playing jap games on US systems ;) I fail.

Yeah I use to love those super famicom DBZ games. Remember getting them from Chinatown in Manhattan, also where I bought most of my Neo Geo collection at. I took a simpler approach to removing the plastic tabs on my SNES than what you did though. All I did was rip them off with plyers. It only took a couple of seconds.

slightly different kinda thing but my jap n64 had its cartridge slot doors removed so it played jap and u.s. games, couldnt use pal games on it though, reminds me of the time i payed £90 for a jap mario kart 64 2 days after its jap release :rolleyes:

DarkMetroid posted on Dec 20 2006 at 01:30 PM said:

Yeah I use to love those super famicom DBZ games. Remember getting them from Chinatown in Manhattan, also where I bought most of my Neo Geo collection at. I took a simpler approach to removing the plastic tabs on my SNES than what you did though. All I did was rip them off with plyers. It only took a couple of seconds.
:eek: 19 years in NY and I have never heard of this place in Chinatown! I found a place in St Marks place that has all kinds of classic stuff for sale. Too bad prices are absolutely outrageous.

Ebay all the way. For the 6 DBZ games I bought, I maybe payed 125, shipping included. Hyper Dimension was around 40 shipped though...

Well worth it if you ask me.

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Dec 20 2006 at 05:28 PM said:
DarkMetroid posted on Dec 20 2006 at 01:30 PM said:

:eek: 19 years in NY and I have never heard of this place in Chinatown! I found a place in St Marks place that has all kinds of classic stuff for sale. Too bad prices are absolutely outrageous.

Ebay all the way. For the 6 DBZ games I bought, I maybe payed 125, shipping included. Hyper Dimension was around 40 shipped though...

Well worth it if you ask me.

Not sure if you mean you never heard of Chinatown or a store that sells Super Famicom and Neo Geo games in Chinatown because really almost all of the little game shops in there have both. I got 20 years in NYC and have been going to Chinatown every now and then. It was pretty close to the World Trade Center. Very cool place to hang out. Lots of import shit from movies to little cool models to statues and video games. If you live in New York close to Manhattan I recommend checking it out if you haven't already.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinatown,_Manhattan
http://www.explorechinatown.com/gui/Conten...amp;Specialty=G

When I bought Hyper Dimensions 50 bucks btw boxed and sealed Ebay wasn't as big as it is now, and of course Ebay will always have cheaper deals than anything you'll find around New York. Especially buying wholesale, but its just not as cool as it would be buying from all the little shops, for me at least.

Im in Atlanta now, so I dont know when I'll be able to get back to NY, but I've been to Chinatown numerous times. Just never found any shop that carried import/interesting gaming stuff!

Anyway, so long as ebay's around, I'll always be broke as fuck :(

Edit: Looks like youre the same age as me (essentially). High five!

Back