Playing Mp3's While Playing Games

Orion4874

Mega GP Mania
As the title of the topic states i'm wondering if there's anyway to play music while playing games. I realize this would probably drain the battery faster but it would still be cool!
If not, could it be that a program could be written to allow this?

Off topic; I wonder if this will be possible on the Pandora.

I know you can listen to music while reading comics so it might be possible somehow, merely conjecture on my part though as I'm not a programmer. I also think this would be a cool feature.

Jest said:
I know you can listen to music while reading comics so it might be possible somehow, merely conjecture on my part though as I'm not a programmer. I also think this would be a cool feature.

What file format do the Wiz support for comics and how do you play mp3 while reading comics? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
foody said:
Jest said:

What file format do the Wiz support for comics and how do you play mp3 while reading comics? Thanks in advance.

no cbr or cbz support.Only jpg,png etc.But if you ask,imo comics viewer in wiz sucks.Better read this on standard pic viewer.

Jest said:
Comic viewer, image viewer, e-book reader and MP3 player is IMHO only one app, but it launches as a single apps...

rorque said:
foody said:
Jest said:

no cbr or cbz support.Only jpg,png etc.But if you ask,imo comics viewer in wiz sucks.Better read this on standard pic viewer.

Comic viewer for Wiz may sucks, but if it works to read comics...that is good enough to me :D But you did not answer me, how do I play mp3 while reading comics?

foody said:
rorque said:
foody said:
Jest said:

Comic viewer for Wiz may sucks, but if it works to read comics...that is good enough to me :D But you did not answer me, how do I play mp3 while reading comics?

Simply hit select while reading the comic. then when the song is playing hit select again. Not to derail the discussion but I quite enjoy the comic reader for manga, as the text is big enough in that medium. However for Western Comics it is hard to read and when you zoom in it cuts off the right side a bit. Tis a fine program though. =)

I think for you to be able to play games while listening to music all the programmers would have to be on board with adding the functionality to their emulators.

Jest said:
foody said:
rorque said:
foody said:
Jest said:

Simply hit select while reading the comic. then when the song is playing hit select again. Not to derail the discussion but I quite enjoy the comic reader for manga, as the text is big enough in that medium. However for Western Comics it is hard to read and when you zoom in it cuts off the right side a bit. Tis a fine program though. =)

I think for you to be able to play games while listening to music all the programmers would have to be on board with adding the functionality to their emulators.

Would it be on the emulator/game side, or is it a firmware thing? Seems like GPH could do an upgrade or someone could port a music player that would allow you to do this.

It seems someone got this working on the Dingoo. They ported something called MPD (Music Player Daemon). Not sure if it can be used with emulators or stand alone games only. Think this could be implemented on the Wiz?

The Dingoonity thread is here: http://boards.dingoonity.org/dingux-development/mpd-port-with-gmenu2x-controls/msg15420/?topicseen#new

It's already available for the Wiz for a long time. It's called Ommpc2x, look in the archive:

http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/wiz.cgi?0,0,0,0,6,184

sbock said:
It's already available for the Wiz for a long time. It's called Ommpc2x, look in the archive:

http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/wiz.cgi?0,0,0,0,6,184

Thanks sbock, I was aware of this but just didn't realize what it was other than an alternative mp3 player. Went to the author's site and read up on it.

Back