Please boykott Dreamworks

Klumpen

Run away! Run away!
I don't know if people here have heard about "The Fifth Estate".

Dreamworks made a propaganda movie against whistleblowers for the American government, they are said to have strong financial bonds (due to the Transformers movies) to the department of defense, so it shouldn't be a surprise, but the result is disturbing. Julian Assange is the antagonist and pulled through the mud the entire time up to a ridiculous degree alongside WikiLeaks.

I'm not a fan of this person at all, but the way this whole topic is treated in this propaganda strongly reminds of North Korean, Chinese or Russian TV.

Quick sum-up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KFdGzquR1I&t=15m35s

Last edited by a moderator:
Why bring political discussions here to this forum?  We may get boycott by them politicians before we can boycott them :p

Wow, that's quite the star turn of British actors there, yet I've not heard of this film before. I'm tempted to go and see it now.

However, I'm more convinced that I should join your boycott for them making the Transformers films.

the Transformers films.
megan_fox_transformers_revenge_of_the_fallen_6.jpg

megan-fox.jpg

I can't see why you have a problem with them tbh. ;)

^ Nope still not worth it if it means watching through the rest of the content in those films.

The film already came out last year (then on DVD/BluRay at the beginning of this year) - it flopped badly.

The film already came out last year (then on DVD/BluRay at the beginning of this year) - it flopped badly.
Yupp, pretty old news actualy. However, I doubt it was planed as an propaganda movie or is connected to the  department of defense. "The film's screenplay was written by Josh Singer based in-part on Domscheit-Berg's book Inside WikiLeaks: My Time with Julian Assange and the World's Most Dangerous Website (2011), as well as WikiLeaks: Inside Julian Assange's War on Secrecy (2011) by British journalists David Leigh and Luke Harding."

It's based on a book of Daniel Domscheit-Berg who was the former partner of Assange but they had a serious "divorce" so no wonder that Assange is portrayed badly in this Film.

Yupp, pretty old news actualy. However, I doubt it was planed as an propaganda movie or is connected to the  department of defense. "The film's screenplay was written by Josh Singer based in-part on Domscheit-Berg's book Inside WikiLeaks: My Time with Julian Assange and the World's Most Dangerous Website (2011), as well as WikiLeaks: Inside Julian Assange's War on Secrecy (2011) by British journalists David Leigh and Luke Harding."

It's based on a book of Daniel Domscheit-Berg who was the former partner of Assange but they had a serious "divorce" so no wonder that Assange is portrayed badly in this Film.
Yep, Daniel Domscheit-Berg isn't very fond of him, although you can see in interviews, that he does not really hate him.

Nonetheless, this was a welcome inspiration for the movie but not the foundation, because it spreads some flat out lies here and there that are not in the book of course.

In the over-shitty Captain America 2, Assange appears badly displayed in some kind of flash forward about terrorist organisation.

In the over-shitty Captain America 2, Assange appears badly displayed in some kind of flash forward about terrorist organisation.
No surprise, it has affected the current Marvel comics too:

https://fr.news.yahoo.com/captain-america-versus-wikileaks-085320475.html

http://www.bleedingcool.com/forums/the-comic-book-forum/41121-captain-america-vs-bradley-manning-julian-assange-wikileaks.html

At least the movie spoke out against Obamas assassination drones from what I gathered.

Oh wait, didn't Disney buy Marvel?

"The Fifth Estate" was marketed and distributed by Disney, what a coinscidence. ;)

What a lot of people don't realize is the majority of media consumption today is controlled.  But at the same time, people are beginning to wake up, and so some conspiracy theories don't seem so whack anymore, do they?
Yep, US gov feeds his lies errr politics via the entertainment industry wherever it can and so do other states as well. -.-

Does anyone remember the Anti nazi propaganda made by Diesney? It showed Donald Duck as nazi in a bad dreadm.

Back