Please Help Me Get Amiga Runnning

pubzombie

Hi guys, need help again. can anybody recomend an url or help me with getting up and running on my new gpx2 f200
I have downloaded uae4all_gp2x_0.7.2a.zip and uae4all_gp2x_0.6.4.zip which one should i use for paradroid90?
also should i replace uae4all.gpe with uae4all_20070713 in the emu directory on gpx?
also what kick rom is best to use 3.1 or 1.3?
so far i have managed to get paradroid to load but then couldnt work out how to get into the game, then screen went blank but i could hear game progress, following that i reset the emu and now they both now try to run workbench whenever run is activated, even after rebooting!!!! so i am going to delete them and start again..
i know these may sound simple questions but i suffer a bit from dyslexia and i end up getting really confused keep googling things and swapping around in web browsers.
any advice very warmly received because i want to call in sick tomorrow and lie in bed playing paradroid. hell just like the good old schooldays of old.
thanx all

pubzombie said:
Hi guys, need help again. can anybody recomend an url or help me with getting up and running on my new gpx2 f200
I have downloaded uae4all_gp2x_0.7.2a.zip and uae4all_gp2x_0.6.4.zip which one should i use for paradroid90?
also should i replace uae4all.gpe with uae4all_20070713 in the emu directory on gpx?
so far i have managed to get paradroid to load but then could work out how to get into the game, following that i reset the emu and now they both now try to run workbench whenever run is activated!!!! so i am going to delete them and start again..
i know these may sound simple questions but i suffer a bit from dyslexia and i end up getting really confused keep googling things and swapping around in web browsers.
any advice very warmly received because i want to call in sick tomorrow and lie in bed playing paradroid. hell just like the good old schooldays of old.
thanx all
For paradroid your best bet is Kick 1.3 I know some people have 2 UAE's setup. 1 for Kick 1.3 and the other for kick 3.1 then if a game doesnt work with the 3.1 kickstart they can test it on the 1.3.
if 20070712 is the latest UAE then yes replace the old one with this version. Its best to run it using the UAE_Tweak file. If it doesnt work you need to edit it in a text editor to change overclock to a lower setting

Sorry if this doesnt make sense but im slighltlty drunk :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
foleyjo said:
pubzombie said:
so far i have managed to get paradroid to load but then could work out how to get into the game, following that i reset the emu and now they both now try to run workbench whenever run is activated!!!! so i am going to delete them and start again..
thanx all
For paradroid your best bet is Kick 1.3 I know some people have 2 UAE's setup. 1 for Kick 1.3 and the other for kick 3.1 then if a game doesnt work with the 3.1 kickstart they can test it on the 1.3.
if 20070712 is the latest UAE then yes replace the old one with this version. Its best to run it using the UAE_Tweak file. If it doesnt work you need to edit it in a text editor to change overclock to a lower setting

thanx for getting back to me so quick. I have been a computer gamer since computers first came about but to my shame i am new to emulations and not overly confident with it all as it seems like a forign lanuage. do i just open up tweakfile in windows notepad? or something? there was some read me file with the emulator but made little sense to me.
think i will join u in a drink. popping down to grap a vodka. back in a min

pubzombie said:
foleyjo said:
pubzombie said:
thanx all

thanx for getting back to me so quick. I have been a computer gamer since computers first came about but to my shame i am new to emulations and not overly confident with it all as it seems like a forign lanuage. do i just open up tweakfile in windows notepad? or something? there was some read me file with the emulator but made little sense to me.
think i will join u in a drink. popping down to grap a vodka. back in a min

nope still coming up workbench grrrr

Yeah Tweak should be possible with notepad. Thats how I did mine. Im not sure what the bit says that you need to change but I think its something like OC=255 so change it to 250 or 245 and save it

This should make things run better.

Hi all
Pubzombie, your problem is certainly the firmware of your F-200
I have same problem when i put firmware 3.0 on my gp2x f-100...
all games doesn't boot, result to a Workbench screen!
I downgraded to Firmware 2.1.2 to fix it !

ps: sorry for my English

foleyjo said:
Im using FW 3 and dont get these problems
hi guys, i am going to try all again before i try changing the firmware. can anybody point me in the direction of some simple to follow instruction for upgrading fw.
cheers dudes.

if you have an F-200 don't try to change your firmware you could crash you GP2x. Just see if other F-200 user can play with this emulator or not maybe is an emulator problem or user problem ;)

Yod4z said:
if you have an F-200 don't try to change your firmware you could crash you GP2x. Just see if other F-200 user can play with this emulator or not maybe is an emulator problem or user problem ;)
ok thanx guys

foleyjo said:
Please...
What version of UAE4ALL you use with FW 3?
what Kickstart ?
Thanks

I used the latest version of UAE4All (from the archive) with Kickstart 1.3 (512kB version) last night and it works fine on F200 FW4.

I initially used a 256k version of the kick.rom and it didn't like that at all.

Also, try the normal UAE4All before the tweaked version.

F200 was fine at 266, seemed a bit iffy at 275. Was cool watching Jesus on E's and Speedball 2 again :)

deluded said:
I used the latest version of UAE4All (from the archive) with Kickstart 1.3 (512kB version) last night and it works fine on F200 FW4.

I initially used a 256k version of the kick.rom and it didn't like that at all.

Also, try the normal UAE4All before the tweaked version.

F200 was fine at 266, seemed a bit iffy at 275. Was cool watching Jesus on E's and Speedball 2 again :)
:D :D :D :D gp32_console :D :D :D :D
Thanx peeps, and a big thanx to those that pm'd me with advice.
got the latest version of uae4all and kick 1.3 512 over dumped v. and paradroid runs fine.
going to get speedball 2 and alien breed too now. so many memories attached to these old games, i couldn't sleep last nite and sat in bed playing amiga again for first time in 15years, bleeding from the eyes this morning and looked like cast member of a romero film. :eek:
thanx for your help people, i am stuck trying to get a logic3 joypad to work with the cradle and paradroid so will make a post in the i need help bit as i think there are a few of us simpletons struggling with sim prob.
cheers all
PZMB

You weren't the only one up all night playing on it :)

Got to admit the D-Pad isn't as good as a Zip Stick - but it's still cool to have an Amiga in your hand.

StaxX said:
foleyjo said:
Please...
What version of UAE4ALL you use with FW 3?
what Kickstart ?
Thanks

Latest version of uae4al and I have two on the sd card. 1 with kick 1.3 and 1 with kick 3.0.

foleyjo said:
Latest version of uae4al and I have two on the sd card. 1 with kick 1.3 and 1 with kick 3.0.
Like me!
I don't understand why he doesn't work with FW3 on my F-100 MK2
Thanks anyway :)

StaxX said:
foleyjo said:
Like me!
I don't understand why he doesn't work with FW3 on my F-100 MK2
Thanks anyway :)

make sure you have the adf with [cr CLS] in the file name.

Back