PLEASE HELP

surfratt

Still Fresh
PLEASE HELP ME I cannot get my cpu to recognize/install the usb drivers I downloaded.  I am sorry that I have another topic up but nobody is replying and I have my gp32 and can't use it.  Any and all help needed.  This is what happens: I Plug in gp32 Found new hardware wizard comes up: Prompt "What do you want wizard to do?  >Install software automatically or > Install from a list or specific location"  When I hilight "intall software automatically"  I get "Cannot Install This Hardware, Cannot find necessary drivers"  When I hilight "Install from specific location" and click next  I get the following:  "Please chose your search and installation options."  > "Search removable media(floppy, CD-ROM..."  > "Include this location in the search"  Then it has a place where you can enter a location, the location listed is   C:\Program Files\ATI Multimedia\RemCtrl\drivers  or I can browse.  Another option is > "Don't search.  I will choose the driver to install"  I have tried manually entering the folder where my driver is located in place of C:\Program Files\ATI...  I have tried using browse option also, which brings up browse folder, when I click on the folder where they are located, the "OK" button is grayed out.  When I chose last option " Don't search, I will choose the driver to install"  I can't get it to work.  PLEASE HELP, Do I need to rename the usb driver?  Am I doing something wrong??  PLEASE HELP
Just tried again, manually entered the location of the file and I get this message:  "The location you specified does not contain any device information files.  Please enter another location or uncheck the 'Include this location in the search' box.  I downloaded the usb drivers from the gamepark site and I downloaded the xp drivers from Darkfaders site.  What is going on, do I need to do something to the driver file before attempting to do this?   HELP---- sorry bout how long this is I have tried everything I can think of

Report this post to a moderator

Did you unzip the file that contains the drivers? Try pointing to the directory the .sys file is in, and not the specifiic file. I'm using XP Pro and I used the drivers from gamepark, the file was w2k.zip, and it contains GP32Usb.sys and GP32USB.inf.

Dont know if the last few posts have sorted your problem,but if they didnt could you post what make your motherboard is and what drivers you have got for it.I recently had problems setting up a usb on a friends computer and it turned out that the usb setting in the bios was disabled.maybe if we have more info someone could pinpoint your problem.

Back