Please... just refund me.

What's more conspicuous than the lack of people saying they got a refund is the lack of people who were asking for refunds in the first place. Tell me if my memory is off here, but I don't remember seeing a bunch of threads in October 2012. The threads started coming up later. If this is the case it probably means the people who wanted refunds then got them, or there weren't ever hundreds of refund requests (like Craig claimed) in the first place. It did seem weird that Craig was getting all these refund requests all of a sudden when ED never got a bunch, but we always chalked that up to Craig's buyerbase not being as loyal to him. And the impetus for the mass refunds being the sudden 1GHz offer making the outstanding CC orders seem obsolete.

AFAIK Craig was talking about refunding something like 200 people, using money from the 1GHz orders and tax money, that sounds about right. But it really doesn't add up with 500 still remaining.

There is also a small bunch of people, that simply don't care that much about it, but occasionally ask (through the openpandora.org support system) about a refund / their refund status without checking the board beforehand but thats about 1 request per month (if there is one in a month). As far as I remember there were some that requested a refund early/mid 2012, but orginally through e-Mail to openpandorasales@gmail.com.

One of my fears here is something like: Craig lost his preorder list and therefore doesn't actually know so the survey was used to build up the list of customers...

I keep thinking that it's a rediculous idea but I guess it wouldn't be outside the realms of plausibility...

Well, he couldn't have sent the survey to the customers without having a preorder list...

Well he at least didn't send it to me, so when I transferred to ED he must've struck me off whatever list he was using. Not sure what information transferred to Craig to let him check my order - I used a newer email address with ED, but my name, physical address and order number would be known to both of them and the same.

It would still be interesting to know, how many refunds Craig actually payed. Seeing, that the preorder/refund line of his is over 500 people and ED suspected it to be 150 by his calculation based on known facts, Craig seems to have taken a lot more preorders than was officially known. Or even known by ED. Or just didn't refund a lot of people and just used that as an excuse to explain where all the money went to.
Also remember that the list of 500 are those who responded to the survey, AFAIK there is no figure to show the number of people who have not had the Pandoras that they paid OP Ltd for but did not respond to the survey.

@ Bluebarron : Try contacting Craig via twitter, my gut feel is that this approach is more likely to get a response than email / forum posts here. If I was in your shoes I'd also write him a letter (& send it via recorded delivery) stating what you want and asking him what he is prepared to do. Let him know in the letter what your next step will be if he does not offer a satisfactory explanation / action.

Unfortunately, after discussing this to some extent with ED via PM, he has stopped communicating with me after inquiring about the survey -- which I have not received. Now, I do not know by what ill-fated circumstance I haven't received this survey as others have done. As a way of validating a purchase, that's largely unfair because it seems now my spending of nearly R5000 or so is discredited or entirely disbelieved. I was willing to pay the extra to get my Pandora and am met with silence. What to do, what to do...

Keep badgering Craig. That is the only thing you can do as he is the only one who is in the position to make it right. If you're willing to pay the upgrade, email him over and over saying so until you finally get a response.

I've got over 80 mails and PMs about the survey to reply to - I don't ignore anyone, I'm just flooded with work.

I've got over 80 mails and PMs about the survey to reply to - I don't ignore anyone, I'm just flooded with work.
Understood, apologies if I've added more stress for you, that is indeed a hefty amount to go through, I just hope my concern at the silence is understandable too.

Of course it is, and it's totally understandable :)

Thank god Askarus is now helping out a lot again right now, which speeds things up A LOT.

The new self-destructing Touchscreens didn't help though :/

What's more conspicuous than the lack of people saying they got a refund is the lack of people who were asking for refunds in the first place. Tell me if my memory is off here, but I don't remember seeing a bunch of threads in October 2012. The threads started coming up later. If this is the case it probably means the people who wanted refunds then got them, or there weren't ever hundreds of refund requests (like Craig claimed) in the first place. It did seem weird that Craig was getting all these refund requests all of a sudden when ED never got a bunch, but we always chalked that up to Craig's buyerbase not being as loyal to him. And the impetus for the mass refunds being the sudden 1GHz offer making the outstanding CC orders seem obsolete.

AFAIK Craig was talking about refunding something like 200 people, using money from the 1GHz orders and tax money, that sounds about right. But it really doesn't add up with 500 still remaining.
I asked for a refund in November of last year. I don't think most people who ask for them would bother to also start a thread about it.

Back