Please provide me info on how to get my money back

instead of refunding pre-orders why not just send them a unit?

Send from my ZTE Warp

instead of refunding pre-orders why not just send them a unit?
Because it's cheaper to give us a refund. And if they're really lucky, we'll be so invested in this idea we thought was good enough to get in on an unproven company with a non-existent product, that we'll lose all sense and do it again at a higher price. Profit!

If not, then us overseas suckers get 86% of a refund (exchange rates FTW), lose years of emotional investment and evangelism, and have the knowledge that our families and friends are finally proven right as to how much of a mug we are in taking a chance on supporting the dreams of the very people who wouldn't now piss in our mouths if our teeth were on fire.

But hey, business is business, right? And we can always get a refund.

Last edited by a moderator:
>.>

Maybe I'm naive, I often am, but it seems to me the implication that OPT's bottom line is money loses its persuasive thrust when you stop to consider the business they're in.

I don't know how many times this has been mentioned, but the real number's gotta be in the hundreds of times by now. Just sayin'.

Maybe I'm naive, I often am, but it seems to me the implication that OPT's bottom line is money loses its persuasive thrust when you stop to consider the business they're in.
Not really when you consider that OpenPandora is now Craig's main company and he's got to make a living, not just a profit. He's already stated that it would be better if people with an original pre-order would upgrade or cancel.

As much as I like to complain about not receiving my batch one pre-order yet I do appreciate Craig's efforts to avoid just cashing us all out which he could do. I, for one, can not afford to upgrade or purchase a 1GHz pandora. I am now retired and cash is limited. I still think the pandora is better than any other small device on the market in it's versitility and battery life. It's back to playing with my beagleboard and other ARM devices. I will still mumble to myself every day that I haven't received a shipping notice but I am convinced that someday I will. In reality Craig is hanging in there with me, hoping to send me a shipping notice. Thanks Craig.

Not really when you consider that OpenPandora is now Craig's main company and he's got to make a living, not just a profit. He's already stated that it would be better if people with an original pre-order would upgrade or cancel.

Fair enough, I guess I'm just inclined against trusting the visceral posts... that's not to say they shouldn't complain, they are perfectly entitled. I just don't see the intentional evils coming from Craig. If it's his only job that could equally indicate dedication as it would indicate greed or anything else.

My endpoint is that even penis pills I think would be more profitable...

Here is a question for you trip, why do you keep posting variations on the above when you know it isn't true?

I have explained to you, more than once, that a) iControlpad is much more successful than OP , b ) I make money elsewhere , c) I don't make a 'living' from OP, I and Ed plough on with this just to get it done at the moment.

What is the reason you keep posting weird lies? Why should you not be banned for it? Do you know what libel is?

Previously you have posted equally odd claims, which often suggest some kind of shady dealings involving me, and you present them as facts, it's all pretty weird isn't it?

A further issue is you claim to have a preorder but won't provide me with any evidence of this. Your IP, email address and location don't match any remaining preorders. It's entirely possible you have used false information on the forum of course, or your order is with Ed. It would be nice for us to know that it exists though.

When you pay for something that is supposed to be a first of it's kind but end up with something second best and outdated then it's obsolete, regardless of what support there is.
so the original pandora is second best compared to what exactly? the GHZ pandora?

dude, they didnt even finish a first testrun of 150 (180) units and you already make ppl believe their original pandora will be old crap. mass production of GHZ units is still miles away.

the pandora is a one-of-its-kind product. it definitely is not obsolete.

So, not only am I stuck with an expensive (remember that I payed for a premium unit) piece of hardware that isn't working, but I recently learned that it's been surpassed by a next generation Pandora.
see above. the GHZ units are not yet ready for mass production. they are in the middle of a first testrun.

about all this refunding business:

i believe ppl have a right to demand refunds. anytime.

nonetheless preorders will actually get more than what they paid for (upgraded RAM etc.). this was said many times before. everyone needs to decide for themselves if its worth the wait.

it was also said many times before, that fulfilling old preorders with upgraded units costs lots of money (as production of those units costs more that what ppl payed for em -> thus the expensive premium and GHZ testrun units). so that aint big news either.

...how much of a mug we are in taking a chance on supporting the dreams of the very people who wouldn't now piss in our mouths if our teeth were on fire.

The way I see, whenever I invest on newcomers with ideas it means to me I´m supporting my own dream, not others.

I have been reading this forum ever since it started but just lately decided to participate into it.

Clear explanations of the situations were already given a 100th times.

A further issue is you claim to have a preorder but won't provide me with any evidence of this. Your IP, email address and location don't match any remaining preorders. It's entirely possible you have used false information on the forum of course, or your order is with Ed. It would be nice for us to know that it exists though.

Dude, have you forgotten that you have a reputation in this community? "What's your order number" is a question we've learned to fear from you! :blink:

Of course it would be better for business if people with an original pre-order would upgrade or cancel.

A new unit costs us 280 EUR to produce whereas a classic preorder has paid about 200 EUR.

So if we refund 200 EUR, we would have 80 EUR less debts.

And while OpenPandora Ltd. doesn't do anything else than sell Pandoras, it's not Craigs only company and not where he makes his living from.

OpenPandora Ltd. has it's own costs (office rent, workers,etc.) which need to be paid monthly, and yes, those are being paid from the money the Pandora makes, but he's not paying himself from it.

Maybe you mixed that up somehow?

Here is a question for you trip, why do you keep posting variations on the above when you know it isn't true?

I have explained to you, more than once, that a) iControlpad is much more successful than OP , b ) I make money elsewhere , c) I don't make a 'living' from OP, I and Ed plough on with this just to get it done at the moment.

What is the reason you keep posting weird lies? Why should you not be banned for it? Do you know what libel is?

Previously you have posted equally odd claims, which often suggest some kind of shady dealings involving me, and you present them as facts, it's all pretty weird isn't it?

How do I know they aren't true? Haven't you stated on the forum that it would be better if people with an original pre-order would upgrade or cancel? Haven't you stated on the forum that you want to get a wage from the project? What have I said that isn't true exactly. I'm going by the information that you put on these boards.

As far as I'm aware Openpandora is still your main company isn't it? aren't you currently upgrading the original version? aren't you still sending out pre-orders? aren't you working on a Pandora 2 at the moment? That seems like a lot more work than anything else your currently doing. I think that would be considered you main company wouldn't it?

Do you know what libel is? because it was within the last two weeks that you told people that I had been banned for being a trouble causer. I haven't even had any warning points on either of the forums in over 7 years so how the hell do you figure that one out? you banned me for stating that I wouldn't financially support the project any more until I recieved my order.

Maybe people would believe you about your money situation if you would let them know simple things like how many pre-orders to go, what all the dev fund was actually spent on, and why you keep taking in money for goods that you don't have in stock? Don't you ever learn?? And you wonder why people don't trust you and think your shady.

If it makes you feel any better I'll send a copy of my order details to ED and he can verify it. I won't send you one because I don't trust you not to cancel it or purposely f*ck it up.

^^ icp is making more money than the OP, so no OP cannot be his main bussiness ;)
You only have his word for that so don't try and pass it off as fact.

The company he spends most of his time and effort with can also be classed as his main company.

You only have his word for that so don't try and pass it off as fact.
In fact I did not get that from craigx but from the others resellers :) I just guessed he get the same kind of demand (which seams fair)
What's the difference? your still taking someone else's word for it without any evidence at all and flobing it off as what you know as being fact <_<

Back