Pnd And Multiple Icons

xopher

Example: Quake3 has an icon for IOQuake3 and Quake3 NanoGL. If I only use one and have the PND is apps or desktop folder both appear on the desktop. How can I make it so only the one I want to use appears opposed to both? TIA!

Oh, whoops. I guess actually linking to the necessary information for creating said OVR file would have been helpful. Sorry. :blush:

I'm taking this line from the Wiki page:

"The ovr file may (at this time) override the icon title, the CPU clock speed to set on launch, the main category, and the first subcategory for the main category. Additional fields will become overridable."

I have been able to change title, category, but not get the icon to be hidden for "Application-1" I don't want 2 Quake icons on me desktop lol.....any hints please, also what would it be to change the icon for other apps....icon "path/to/png"??

Thanks

mindlord said:
If you prepend a period to the beginning of the title it should hide the icon.

Tried a period before the title and it displayed a period before the title, tried placing a period before the title directive and it gave the icon the original name. I had named the icon "I don't like it" Did you try the period? Maybe I'm misunderstaning instructions?

EDIT: It might not be bad to add that I am trying to remove the [Application-0] icon not the subapp.

Last edited by a moderator:
xopher said:
Tried a period before the title and it displayed a period before the title, tried placing a period before the title directive and it gave the icon the original name. I had named the icon "I don't like it" Did you try the period? Maybe I'm misunderstaning instructions?

EDIT: It might not be bad to add that I am trying to remove the [Application-0] icon not the subapp.
Unfortunately, still Pandora-less here. In theory if you could get it to name the .desktop file it generates with a period it should hide it. That is unless you have it set to show hidden files in Thunar. That might affect it. If you don't switch cards frequently you could create a custom .desktop link with "pnd_run.sh /path/to/application.pnd -switches" and put the PND in /pandora/menu/ instead. The icon will always be there, even if the card is removed, but at least it will just be the one icon instead of several.

mindlord said:
xopher said:

Unfortunately, still Pandora-less here. In theory if you could get it to name the .desktop file it generates with a period it should hide it. That is unless you have it set to show hidden files in Thunar. That might affect it. If you don't switch cards frequently you could create a custom .desktop link with "pnd_run.sh /path/to/application.pnd -switches" and put the PND in /pandora/menu/ instead. The icon will always be there, even if the card is removed, but at least it will just be the one icon instead of several.
I did have hidden files displayed via Thunar, turned that off and still the same. I may go through all the hoops for that or I might just be lazy for now, I don't exactly have another icon in mind to occupy the space......yet, but if that time comes first I'll give that a shot, sounds like it'll work in theory. Thanks :)

Back