Pocketsnes And Gnuboy2x Questions

zidane2006

Still Fresh
hello,

I just recently recieved my wonderful gp2x system, and I am very happy! i have been putting a lot of SNES and GB games but something really bothers me in both of these emulators (its little things, but the emulators rock!)

PocketSnes- in some games, there is a flickering in the top top part of my screen, like in super mario world or Dragon quest V, though I do not know how to take it off, or make the screen resolution to full screen without scaling (so the graphics wont get stretched).

Gnuboy2x- somehow, everytime when i get to the rom selection screen, it seems to flicker, a lot, is there any way to fix this?

once again thank you soo much for all of your posts, and thanks to the many developers that give their time to make these wonderful emulators!

P.S- i have both the latest versions of Pocketsnes and Gnuboy2x.

I think there is another gnuboy version flying around on someone's private server or something like that, which does not flicker. have a quick search on the forum for flicker and gnuboy. You should be able to find it. I am too tired to do that for ya right now ;-)

i get this annoying flicker as well. really offputting
searched at suggested but no luck :-(

sweet! thanks purple goat, that fixed my gameboy emulator problem :)

now i only need to fix the flickering in the upper part of the screen in the pocketsnes emulator, if anybody could tell me how it would be really appreciative!

Thanks!!

zidane2006 posted on Mar 22 2007 at 10:43 PM said:
PocketSnes- in some games, there is a flickering in the top top part of my screen, like in super mario world or Dragon quest V, though I do not know how to take it off, or make the screen resolution to full screen without scaling (so the graphics wont get stretched).

Well making the emu full screen without scaling is impossible. The resolutions of the SNES and GP2X are slightly different. You have a choice of 1:1 which is cleaner but not full, or a bit pixely but full screen. Those are the only choices due to the different amount of pixels between the two.

Last edited by a moderator:
zidane2006 posted on Mar 22 2007 at 06:22 PM said:
sweet! thanks purple goat, that fixed my gameboy emulator problem :)

now i only need to fix the flickering in the upper part of the screen in the pocketsnes emulator, if anybody could tell me how it would be really appreciative!

Thanks!!
your welcome
also I looked into your pocketSNES problem, and I have no problem here (ver 6, mmu hack: on, ram: normal, and I don't think scaled/unscaled matters)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back