Pocketsnes: Constant Freezing

chickendung

TO THE TRENTON TAR PITS!
Website
i currently do not have a website.com
I think my Wiz is getting weaker and weaker. I used to use the PocketSNES_Fast version all the time, because I didn't care about slow Starfox and Mario RPG. However, the fast version started to lock up on me, and I had to restart the goddamn thing. So, I started using the normal application. Now, even if I set the clock speed down to 200, it freezes within one minute of playing. I've read that some people can use there Wiz at a stable state when it is clocked up to 800 MHz, while mine will freeze randomly when I am clocked to 700. What can I do to fix this issue? Do I have a shitty processor or something?

What games does it freeze on? And did you really mean 200mhz? Do other apps crash? If you overclock you're asking for a lockup, but at normal speeds it shouldn't happen unless its an application bug. If it's an application bug then it might be specific to the games you're playing.

trentg said:
What games does it freeze on? And did you really mean 200mhz? Do other apps crash? If you overclock you're asking for a lockup, but at normal speeds it shouldn't happen unless its an application bug. If it's an application bug then it might be specific to the games you're playing.

It seems to be doing better now that I have restored it to default settings, but only time will tell. And yes I was serious about 200 MHz. In any SNES game it would freeze up. Odd...

Last edited by a moderator:
have some problem in your Wiz.

Pocketsnes work perfect in my wiz, with or without overclock.

Mario RPG work with fullspeed overclocked to 800MHZ, have some slowdown but work nice.

Badboyluc said:
have some problem in your Wiz.

Pocketsnes work perfect in my wiz, with or without overclock.

Mario RPG work with fullspeed overclocked to 800MHZ, have some slowdown but work nice.

Exactly how far have you gotten in Super Mario RPG? When I got to "Mushroom Way" I got severe slowdown.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back