Pocketsnes Super Mario World Question

MBison

Still Fresh
Question regarding PocketSNES.. I have the latest version 6.5.0. When I play Super Mario World, some of the animations aren't there, like Mario going into a tube, or a flower rising from a block. Also, sometimes you can't see things like the chompers coming out of pipes. Or the big squishers in the first castle don't show up right in the foreground smashing the ground. Also when you clear a world, the animation of the path opening to the next is all messed up too. Lots of glitches like this.

I watched a Youtube video of someone using PocketSNES on the Wiz to play Super Mario World and it looked perfect. What could be my problem?

Any thoughts?

thanks!

Make sure you are running the normal (not fast, just to be sure) version of PocketSnes with transparencies TURNED ON. That should help. If it doesn't - it might be a weird case of a corrupted rom - try redownloading.

Thanks for the tips. What should be the default settings for PocketSNES? I never changed a setting so these were the defaults :|

I usually leave all the setting default except for transparencies. I turn it on and save it to the default settings. Then I often have to overclock it to get some games up to full speed. Some games/levels won't play full speed regardless of settings but overclocking, turning off transparencies and or audio helps ;).

Back