Pocketsnes Version 3

Are you sure you haven't changed anything? :rolleyes:

Sound is still too fast in Zelda 3, but thank you for maintaining what is probably going to be THE gp2x snes emulator ;)

ahh i've been waiting for this since i experienced the freeze problem more than a few times with V3.

thank you Reesy !

Thanks for the updates Reesy! Oh, and while you're at it, could you try and put in the ability to use Game Genie codes (if it turns out to be a pain in the arse, though, I can wait ;)

Again, thanks!

Interesting ED. One Q though, If I were to open my GP2X and resolder these cables, would my warranty be voided? (asuming yes)

Sure.

Wich of the speakers did you resolder?

Doesn't matter. When they produce the sound in the same phase, everything is fine.

When I cover my left speaker the sound seem to have more bass and slightly more volume.
When I cover the right speaker the sound seem to have less bass, less volume and more (whats that word..) "High pitch"?
Wich do you recon I should resolder? Can you post a picture of your resoldered speaker?

Definately sounds like an inverted phase.
If it's an MK2, you can simply carefully switch the red and black cable in the connector of one of the two speakers.
If it's an MK1, you need to solder that.

Last edited:
is it me or is there a noticeable performance boost in scaled mode ?

I think it is you. I tried both ways and it looked the same speed wise.

Maybe because the screen is a bit bigger things travel a bit larger distance in the same amount of time giving that illusion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone experienced games running slower in v4 than v3? I've been playing through Final Fantasy 5 and have been using the regular in game saves plus using save states. I loaded both save files for Final Fantasy 5 and this version seems quite a bit slower. Do save states from previous versions of PocketSnes run slower for anyone else. At first I thought it was because I used the same config files from v3 in this one, but I deleted them and tried again. Sadly I get the same results. Also I made sure I have the same exact settings from the previous version. I do however have no issues with freezes which is quite nice.

For what it is worth I never had the emu lock up on me (except for the games that don't work like Actraiser). I always play with sound on, and I am running FW 2.0. The only bug I have had is the sound loudness seems to shift back and forth between left and right speakers randomly.

Just found something on my gp2x...

This happens if the phase for one speaker is wrong (which it was in my case).

Might be the problem on more than one gp2x (if not on all...)

In my case it is not phase that is the cause. If it was this stereo "panning" bug would always be the same. It is not. It is an intermittant thing that is fine most of the time but shows up randomly.

I think I remember looking at the wiring when I did my d-pad mod too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back