[Poll] Inside The Box Issue 2

Would you be interested in a second issue?

• Total voters

StreaK .. I hear you've bailed on the scene .. damned shame. I didn't use your ports due to the whole FB thing (lol :) , but a lot of people did; donm't be a bruised apple, stick around :) Take your lumps :)
I sincerely hope this is not because of my post :(

Maybe the straw that broke the camels back? I do feel a little bad though.

I shall do my best to produce a true "DiskMag" reader using SDL for Issue 2, in addition to the web edition

StreaK .. I hear you've bailed on the scene .. damned shame. I didn't use your ports due to the whole FB thing (lol :) , but a lot of people did; donm't be a bruised apple, stick around :) Take your lumps :)
Huh... :blink: Where and when did that happen? I noticed my RSS feed of Streaks facebook page dying but I assumed it was because of facebook changing some internal stuff.

I am sorry to hear this StreaK. I too hope that you eventually decide to stay. It also saddens me that you decide to leave with a scorched earth approach, please consider leaving a thread with some urls to the software you have released in the past.

I totally agree with skeezix.

Especially on the layout, nostalgia aside I only see one advantage of the PND-ified reader, which is local caching for offline reading. Aside from that HTML is just more flexible, easier to handle and accessible (also considering not everybody has a Pandora yet, but might still be interested in the articles).

But for that one advantage and to create the old zine feeling an optional PND reader would certainly nice, but considering the work associated with that, this can run with only HTML for now in my eyes.

Thanks a lot for putting the effort in pmprog (properly planned even, which is not too common), it is highly appreciated.

The irony of StreaK leaving and killing the FB side is it being partial proof of the fact FB was a bad place to store files ;) <- okay, douchey thign to say ;)

There was some question in IRC of whether his pnds should be now uploaded to the repo to rescue them from the bin, but as we all know he didn't want them there originally, it does pose a quandry; if he's just gone, should his work be saved against his wishes or lost? Better for the community to rescue these lost works, but ethics matter. *shrug*

jeff

I seem to remember that he was OK with them being on a separate site, but he never had time to set one up.

Perhaps someone could set up a (separate) repo-compatible site to host his stuff?

Perhaps they can be uploaded to openhandhelds.org along with a JSON file for PNDstore. But we are getting rather off-topic here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, can a mod unpin this please. I think we've established that the new issue is happening.

If anybody else would still like to contribute, please get in touch.

Well I have several ideas and my article is well under way, so I'm definitely a contributor, may even become regular.

What deadline do you propose?

Back