Port Request

Out of interest what makes Pygame choppy?

Is it due to the fact Pandora has to rescale all the images to 800 by 600? I'd love to get Bubbman 2 going full speed at 500 mhz

Out of interest what makes Pygame choppy?

Is it due to the fact Pandora has to rescale all the images to 800 by 600? I'd love to get Bubbman 2 going full speed at 500 mhz

partly the fact it's not a compiled language (no debates :p ), and probably the scaling doesn't help. think python is all done in software currently

Wow it is so slow on Pandora. What are the home,end, page down and pageup key mappings in python?

I got home to work

K_HOME

but pagedown doesnt work (one place on net said K_PPAGE was pagedown)

Wow it is so slow on Pandora.
It's not slow because it's Python, it's slow because SDL isn't hardware accelerated.

Likely the python is only mildly to blame. Although it may be at fault too, I'd have to analyze it to see.

Obviously the fry guy does not like Python very much but that doesn't mean his assertions are correct. Blanket assertions like Python games are going to lag is B.S.

I got home to work

K_HOME

but pagedown doesnt work (one place on net said K_PPAGE was pagedown)
Not sure where you're looking but where you SHOULD be looking is at the pygame docs online.

http://www.pygame.org/docs/ref/key.html

I don't think that port requests thread gets looked at very much and I wanted to play the Rose Ninja game today.
The port request thread is monitored by Esn. Esn publish that to the wiki for all the dev to see.

Edit : Ok now I've now read the rest of the thread. So sorry. And good luck in your work. But believe the others, if you have a limited experience in coding, then you're able to do this.

Once we have a dedicated python packager, I'll have a few request (that were pending to the existance of such person ;P)

Last edited by a moderator:
When it comes to making it into a PND, well richiz, you've already seen my thread about distPND. I made distPND specifically to make it easy to package Python programs into PNDs. Read up on Distutils, create setup.py and setup.cfg files for this game (check out the ones I made for BubbMan2 to get an idea of how they work), then install distPND and you can make a PND with a single command.

Was that too much self-promotion? :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Back