Port requests

Quite a lot of programs from that wiki page have been ported. Check the history and you'll see that a number of times I've removed some programs.

I don't know whether it's because devs actually look at it for ideas or it's just an accident.

I actually did some simple ones from that list :) but i am really limited to c(++) stuff without opengl atm, so that narrows it down quite a lot.

Pickle's actually been working his way through the porting list from the original thread (the one that led to that wiki page being created I think?). Not too sure how the other devs are going about it? probably just porting stuff as they need it :)

Actually I just work on what ever catches my fancy

I just had a quick look through a couple of hours ago... spotted a couple of turn based strategy games that looked interesting, and ported M.A.X.R over ;) ( check Beta Testing )

Wouldn't mind a FreeOrion port though, but it's got some heavy dependencies that would essentially make it more of a rewrite than a port.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry i'm posting a request here but i don't want to make a new GP32X account. This is a dirty little application that will hack into wifi.(WPA or WEP) It is all terminal based using "airodump-ng" "aireplay-ng" and "aircrack-ng" for WEP. "airmon-ng" "airodump-ng" "aireplay-ng" and "aircrack-ng" for WPA. It doesn't have GUI so it isn't very clean program to use. Just search them on the internet and you'll get the source code easily. The file is a howto for hacking wifi in Backtrack linux using the packages in the terminal. Just a idea i want to share and hopefully gets compiled.

Attachments

• Wifi cracking.txt
    2.3 KB · Views: 374
It does not require any porting, it is already portable and not dependent on certain hardware requirements, it runs already just fine on ARM. Your question should be entirely different: The question is whether the Wifi driver and chipset support the required features to actually being able to use it, like e.g. packet injection. IIRC, it does not.

thx for the reply. Well that is a bummers that the wifi controller/driver doesn't support it. Well that also answers why it wasn't working on my PC wifi card.

It does not require any porting, it is already portable and not dependent on certain hardware requirements, it runs already just fine on ARM. Your question should be entirely different: The question is whether the Wifi driver and chipset support the required features to actually being able to use it, like e.g. packet injection. IIRC, it does not.
Then that raises another question. Are there usb dongles with the right chipset and proper drivers available? To test the security of my own network ofcourse.

Edit: Getting off topic though. Working on a Crimson Fields port, don't know if anyone requested that, but hey, it's slightly back to topic ;)

Ok, I tried to add all the ones that aren't already playable through Ginge or already ported. I may have made some mistakes.

Could someone remove those that are done (so no one start working for nothing...)

I see :

Amoebax (which is in the wiki game list)

BINIAX-2 (not n the wiki but have been ported by zx-81 some times ago)

Hedgewars (ported by pickle)

KDEGames (I've done this ... and will work more on it)

And may be a few others i'm not into :p

Ah right. D'oh!

It's just that in deleting all the entries for systems that MESS supports you've deleted links to sources for other dedicated emulators from the wiki. Granted, there were an awful lot of minority systems on there so thanks for tidying up the mess, but taking out things like BeebEm and KEGS seems unnecessary to me - I don't know how good or fast MESS's emulation of those systems is. Judging by the BBC Micro games thread on the main forum, there's at least some interest in decent emulation of one of those ;)

Perhaps the removed information could be put somewhere else. It seemed useful to me.

Ah right. D'oh!

It's just that in deleting all the entries for systems that MESS supports you've deleted links to sources for other dedicated emulators from the wiki. Granted, there were an awful lot of minority systems on there so thanks for tidying up the mess, but taking out things like BeebEm and KEGS seems unnecessary to me - I don't know how good or fast MESS's emulation of those systems is. Judging by the BBC Micro games thread on the main forum, there's at least some interest in decent emulation of one of those ;)

Perhaps the removed information could be put somewhere else. It seemed useful to me.
You can always undo the changes

Also I'm going to stop editing the wiki. So anyone can undo my changes and I won't do a thing. There is a project I want to work on : )

Back