Port Requests

Ok, I'm getting really really really feed up by all thoses almost but not working stuff.

here is NPRQuake: nprquake.pnd

It finally, after too many hours of fight, is working on my Gigahertz model, but on a CC model, when I try to activate the NPR renderer, it doesn't work reliably. 

The PND was supposed to be final (and I wasted too many hours in it already), but that last crashes is too much. I put it in here as a beta.

Key are adapted to the Pandora, if you let the package copy it's autoexec.cfg.

But default, it's left nub to move, right nub to look (mouse look), and shoulder to fire and jump.

renderer can be changed with h, j, k and l

or (in the demo for example) using the console (with Fn-h) and typing "r_load renderer.so" without the quote, renderer beeing one of dr_default, sketch, bprint or brush

Attachments

• nprquake.pnd
    5.4 MB · Views: 130
Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I'm getting really really really feed up by all thoses almost but not working stuff.

here is NPRQuake: 
attachicon.gif
nprquake.pnd

It finally, after too many hours of fight, is working on my Gigahertz model, but on a CC model, when I try to activate the NPR renderer, it doesn't work in a reliably. 

The PND was supposed to be final (and I wasted too many hours in it already), but that last crashes is too much. I put it in here as a beta.

Key are adapted to the Pandora, if you let the package copy it's autoexec.cfg.

But default, it's left nub to move, right nub to look (mouse look), and shoulder to fire and jump.

renderer can be changed with h, j, k and l

or (in the demo for example) using the console (with Fn-h) and typing "r_load renderer.so" without the quote, renderer beeing on of dr_default, sketch, bprint or brush
So far it runs very well on my 1ghz. I haven't been able to play it too long today but I'll let you know if any bugs pop up. Looks really nice on the Pandora's screen imo!

I'm still having issue when I use a CC model, it hang when switching to any of the NPR renderer. Anyone with a CC or a Rebirth can test if it's working or not?

I'm still having issue when I use a CC model, it hang when switching to any of the NPR renderer. Anyone with a CC or a Rebirth can test if it's working or not?
I could do some testing on a rebirth model. Is there a way to get the needed demo datafiles directly - I could only find an installer, but I don't know how to extract the data files out of it on the Pandora ?

So I was able to play some more tonight, got up to level 5 on normal mode, and not a single noticeable issue as far as I can tell. Of course I can't test on a CC or rebirth unit unfortunately so that's probably not too much help to you.

I will test it on my CC tonight. Work caught up with me and I have little time at the moment, but since my Pandora always travels with me, I can try.

So I was able to play some more tonight, got up to level 5 on normal mode, and not a single noticeable issue as far as I can tell. Of course I can't test on a CC or rebirth unit unfortunately so that's probably not too much help to you.
Ok. From my testing, normal mode is fine, either on CC or Gigahertz. But any NPR mode I activate crash my CC model, where it works perfectly on the Gigahertz. That's very weird.

I could do some testing on a rebirth model. Is there a way to get the needed demo datafiles directly - I could only find an installer, but I don't know how to extract the data files out of it on the Pandora ?
Hum, I don't know, sorry. try to unzip, it maybe a simple Zip sfx archive...

I will test it on my CC tonight. Work caught up with me and I have little time at the moment, but since my Pandora always travels with me, I can try.
Thanks. Don't forget, for me, issues (i.e. freeze) start only when I choose some NPR renderer, it's fine (and fast) with default renderer.

After finally realizing that the solution to my problem was as easy as firing up dosbox and starting the installer, I found some time to test :rolleyes: . I played through two areas randomly changing the renderer with [hjkl], and while the renderer activated with [l] proved to be too much for my 800 Mhz clocked Rebirth Pandora, I had no crashes so far. Do the crashes you experience happen randomly or only after certain time or in a certain area of the game ?

After finally realizing that the solution to my problem was as easy as firing up dosbox and starting the installer, I found some time to test :rolleyes: . I played through two areas randomly changing the renderer with [hjkl], and while the renderer activated with [l] proved to be too much for my 800 Mhz clocked Rebirth Pandora, I had no crashes so far. Do the crashes you experience happen randomly or only after certain time or in a certain area of the game ?
Good. The crash I experience are immediate. As soon as I change it freeze. Maybe it's a bug in the CC GPU that trigger when too much lines are drawn on the screen, and that don't trigger on Gigahertz or Rebirth.

And yes, th "brush" renderer (the "l" one) is very heavy on calculus and rendering. It put much more geometry to render a frame.

I may have a fith one, but there are some function I need to add in glshim, for now, it's not completly correct (you can preview it by doing, in the console (Fn-h); r-load ainpr.so

but you'll see that rendreing is not correct all the time on all the objects, and sometime the objects are in wireframe where they shouldn't (because the glPygoneMode is not on BACk_AND_FRONT but only one, and that's not implemented yet).

I may have a fith one, but there are some function I need to add in glshim, for now, it's not completly correct (you can preview it by doing, in the console (Fn-h); r-load ainpr.so
I tried that "by accident" as I did not read your orginal post completly(I tried to search the web on how to activate the alternative renders and stumbled over some hints), but "r-load" always gives me a "renderer not found" error if I try that in the console (but it says that too, if I try "r-load renderer.so") ? Does it matter wether the console is activated during game or menu, does upper/lowercase matter in any way ? I could only type in uppercase letters in the console (and the appdata dir lies on a fat32 formatted card)
edit:

Maybe it's a bug in the CC GPU that trigger when too much lines are drawn on the screen, and that don't trigger on Gigahertz or Rebirth.
Would make sense, as afaik there were several errata fixed with the gfx chip revision used in the Rebirth models. The "blueprint" renders looks not like it is drawing many lines on the screen, do the crashes happen with that renderer too ? Could the number of lines to be drawn somehow artifically limited, this sure would render parts of the screen unidentifiable but maybe its worth a try to test things out. But with the rather limited community interest in this (I personally can't understand why quake is so popular), its maybe not worth to pour a lot more time into it (especially if there are other things on your loooong list)

It's r_load with an underscore not minus sign. And yes you can type only in captital letters. It works while in the demo too.

It's r_load with an underscore not minus sign. And yes you can type only in captital letters. It works while in the demo too.
ah ok, that explains it, sorry. When I try to load it, I'm almost immediately back at the desktop, out file says:

]r_load ainpr.so

Default dynamic renderer shutting down...

unregistering my vars

A.I. NPR renderer starting up...

registering my vars

Received signal 11, exiting...

ah ok, that explains it, sorry. When I try to load it, I'm almost immediately back at the desktop, out file says:

]r_load ainpr.so

Default dynamic renderer shutting down...

unregistering my vars

A.I. NPR renderer starting up...

registering my vars

Received signal 11, exiting...

Ah yes, in fact, the binary is here, but the texture data are missing, so the sigfault...

Here is a new PND: nprquake.pnd, with the data, and latest version (it loads level much faster now). I still have immediate crash on CC when I switch renderer...

Attachments

• nprquake.pnd
    5.4 MB · Views: 138
Hi,

Mutant Gangland, Alpha 1, 3,99€

Mutant Gangland is a fast paced turn based strategy game for those with no need for micro management. Create units, capture buildings and wage war against a player or AI controlled opponent.

Mutant Gangland Alpha 1 features:

• Eight maps (seven normal battles, one skirmish map)
  • Two factions, ten units (five / faction)
  • Eight commander profiles available (with stats and bonuses)
  • A level editor for custom maps
  • Player vs AI/AI vs AI + local multiplayer matches (hotseat mode)
  • DRM free for all platforms (Windows/Linux/Mac and Android)
  • Source available for non-commercial use
Cheers, Magic Sam

Please have a look here :)

Access to the game source code for non-commercial use. You can tweak it, mod it (add/remove content) and/or build it to run on other platforms of your choice
Cheers, Magic Sam

yes but can you redistribute it?

edit: also what's about these libraries, do we support them?:

edit2: " including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software" ok for that part I guess...

I guess you can redistribute the software, but not the game ...

The above license doesn't cover any other media present in the game. The art assets/sprites are the sole property of Thomas Noppers while the sound files are owned by Malgorzata Zarczynska. In order to use their media you need to receive permission from them
Also I think porting it shouldn't be to hard, since it's already available for Linux and Android, but well I haven't seen the code yet ... or heard of those libs that are needed ...

It would need to be another pnd where you buy the game and copy the datafiles to appdata.

Could someone get a hold of the author and request the port be sold on the repo with the data files included? Then the funds could simply be directed to him.

There could also be a free version without the data files for those who have already purchased the game.

Back