Port Requests

God no... I tried Eclipse on the omap5 devboard and it's fairly usable, I did feel dirty when I used it, such horrible software.

Not that it's that much better, Netbeans was fairly usable on the Pandora when I tried it several years ago.

Hidden Content

OK. No Eclipse fans here ^^'

Not that it's that much better, Netbeans was fairly usable on the Pandora when I tried it several years ago.

Hidden Content

I wish I had thought of this a year ago.  It would have helped me make use of a lot of wasted time.

I always liked demos and demoscene from Amiga time.

So with a big surprise i stumbled at this github page https://github.com/farbrausch/fr_public where the talented coders of group Farbrausch have published some sources of they famous production (if someone didn't know the production of this group search on youtube, there are impressive videos, or even better download some of they demos and run it).

So looking inside i see that some part (altona_wz4) have some gles2 support (i don't know if it will work) and then started looking at how to build this with Pandora, but i have only build some part of it (too much intricated for my skills), so if someone have time to check it...i know maybe Pandora will not make it run at good speed...but this will be usefull for the Pyra.

I add the link to a video just to show how great are this demos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqu_IpkOYBg&hd=1

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all :)

@Farox: looks like there's some material from fr-041: debris in there  :wub:

Cheers, Magic Sam

Following some links i found this page that sum up the demos released with this source:

fr-013: flybye,

fr-022: ein.schlag,

fr-029: dopplerdefekt,

fr-024: welcome to…,

fr-030: candytron,

fr-038: theta, fr-043:

debris and kkrieger (beta)

and also more sources released by other groups... ;)

Hi all,

Pinball games, anyone ? ;)

Nova pinball (Löve framework) and a fork of Emilia Pinball, with more tables...

Cheers, Magic Sam

Look nice. it's 800x600 but that will hopefully not be an issue.

On another note: Endless Sky is an OPenGL 3.x core game. So conversion will be difficult (I still think it is doable, but all shaders have to be rewritten).

I just wonder if there is a way to play Euro Track Simulator 1 on the Pandora.

@Alpibrine28: I doubt it (unless you count streaming/remote play). Emulation won't be powerful enough to support it, and even if it was ported (which would mean having access to the source, which are closed) the requirements on PC are quite high and I don't think the Pandora would meet them.

@Alpibrine28: I doubt it (unless you count streaming/remote play). Emulation won't be powerful enough to support it, and even if it was ported (which would mean having access to the source, which are closed) the requirements on PC are quite high and I don't think the Pandora would meet them.

Then what about Photoshop? It still isn't powerful to run it, is it?

Use VDrift (ok there is no truck, so not the same things, but there is cars...) or TORCS...

I think I will just try the flying simulator you ported about 1 month ago.

Then what about Photoshop? It still isn't powerful to run it, is it?

depends on what version, I used to use Photoshop version 4 on my 486 back in the day. What features do you need that can't be done with GIMP?

I need magic wand and magnetic tool A LOT.

There are equivalent tools on GIMP or does it behave just slightly different enough to bug you? honestly never used photoshop newer than version 6, just been used to GIMP over the years. 

There are equivalent tools on GIMP or does it behave just slightly different enough to bug you? honestly never used photoshop newer than version 6, just been used to GIMP over the years. 

If you are mentioning CS6 by saying version 6, this is the version I need to use. But I will try to use GIMP.

I just wonder if there is a way to play Euro Track Simulator 1 on the Pandora.
There is devinitly a huge lack of truck driving games at Pandora and Pyra this days..

Normal driving games are much,

Like from the PSX or GBA the Rally games, or this cool opensource stunt game

But offroad or Truck Games not realy..

I hope to get one for the dreamcast emulator, there is a bus simulator par exemple, but until then the 0ffer is realy "mau"

Back