Port Requests

I'm chancing my arm now as I don't know if it's remotely possible, but is there any chance Undertale could be converted to the Pandora?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

I'm chancing my arm now as I don't know if it's remotely possible, but is there any chance Undertale could be converted to the Pandora?
Seem unlikely, it's a GameMaker game if I understand correctly, and no source are available (and even if source were available, it's not sure that it can be compiled for Pandora).

That's fair enough, just thought I'd ask! I know there's unofficial Android ports floating around (maybe iOS, I'm not sure). Thanks for the info!

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Hi all :)

According to Wikipedia:

Since we lack SSE instructions on ARM, I guess Doom 3 would greatly benefit from NEON optimizations... But that's easier said than done :p

@ptitSeb : is your port based upon dhewm3 or RBDOOM-3-BFG ?

Cheers, Magic Sam
Here a "perf top" of my latest build of doom3 on my gigahertz model (running the timedemo at a wooping 5fps)
Code:
   PerfTop:     984 irqs/sec  kernel:37.7%  exact:  0.0% [1000Hz cycles],  (all, 1 CPU)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

22.06%  libGLESv2.so.1.10.2359475  [.] 0x23d84
    19.07%  [kernel]                   [k] __hrtimer_start_range_ns
     5.15%  doom-mon.arm               [.] _ZN18idRenderWorldLocal26CreateLightDefInteractionsEP18idRenderLightLocal.constprop.2279
     3.90%  doom-mon.arm               [.] R_CalcInteractionCullBits(idRenderEntityLocal const*, srfTriangles_s const*, idRenderLightLocal const*, srfCullInfo_t&)
     3.87%  [kernel]                   [k] omap3_enter_idle
     2.70%  [kernel]                   [k] __schedule
     2.13%  [kernel]                   [k] tick_nohz_restart_sched_tick
     1.38%  doom-mon.arm               [.] idSIMD_Generic::CmpLT(unsigned char*, unsigned char, float const*, float, int)
     1.25%  doom-mon.arm               [.] idSIMD_Generic::MinMax(idVec3&, idVec3&, idDrawVert const*, short const*, int)
     1.23%  libm-2.9.so                [.] 0x25f00
     1.09%  libc-2.9.so                [.] memcpy
     1.04%  doom-mon.arm               [.] _Z30RB_GLSL_CreateDrawInteractionsPK10drawSurf_s.part.9
     0.98%  doom-mon.arm               [.] _Z20R_RadiusCullLocalBoxRK8idBoundsPKfiPK7idPlane.part.7.lto_priv.3574
     0.97%  [kernel]                   [k] ktime_get_ts
     0.87%  doom-mon.arm               [.] idInteraction::AddActiveInteraction()
     0.84%  doom-mon.arm               [.] unzReadCurrentFile(void*, void*, unsigned int)
     0.73%  doom-mon.arm               [.] R_CalcInteractionFacing(idRenderEntityLocal const*, srfTriangles_s const*, idRenderLightLocal const*, srfCullInfo_t&)
     0.71%  [kernel]                   [k] __do_softirq
     0.65%  [kernel]                   [k] __delay
     0.61%  doom-mon.arm               [.] R_LocalPointToGlobal(float const*, idVec3 const&, idVec3&)
     0.59%  doom-mon.arm               [.] _ZL17R_CreateLightTrisPK19idRenderEntityLocalPK14srfTriangles_sPK18idRenderLightLocalPK10idMaterialR13srfCullInfo_t.constprop.2281

As you can see, the limiting factor seems to be the SGX (and I have the 4.10 driver installed, the only one that have no visual artefact).

Hi all :)

@ptitSeb : thanks for the explanation. I understand better now why you decided to go with the Dante project (ID Tech 4 w/ OpenGL ES 2.0) in the first place.

Cheers, Sam

Hi i found this Video on Youtube...
...maybe its Time to try MKXP again for RPGMaker XP/VX Games? :)
But beware i found this on the Github:
https://github.com/Ancurio/mkxp

(* For the F1 menu to work correctly under Linux/X11, you need latest hg + this patch)
https://bugzilla.libsdl.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2745

I got a build of mkxp for pandora a few months ago, it kind of worked but wasn't really good performancewise ...
Since I only had one game (To the Moon) to test it with back then and it didn't seem to be enjoyable on Pandora I stopped working on it, but if you want to test that build, I think I might still have it around somewhere (not sure if I still have all the modified sources though ... so I probably wouldn't be able to officially release it atm due to GPL ...)

Finaly got 1st DROD to launch (it wasn't finding it's data...).
The game use SDL1.2 and a fixed screenres of 1024x768, so I used ompadss and it works (I had to disable doublebuffer to have the mouse).

I still have to found a correct mapping, because "Desktop" will not work (need KeyPad) and Laptop one is not pratical (look at the screenshot).

Being SDL 1, I cannot rotate the view as I initialy wanted, but maybe I can just use DPad + ABXY for diagonals. That means Diagonals will not be 100% intuitive, like (A) is in fact NorthWest and (Y) NortEast.
Any suggestion?
If it basically works, I'd suggest just releasing the PND with any mapping you find reasonable (DPAD + ABXY or DPAD + 12QW or whatever). Feedback will show whether any change is necessary. Thanks for working on this (it is a nice little game)!

If it basically works, I'd suggest just releasing the PND with any mapping you find reasonable (DPAD + ABXY or DPAD + 12QW or whatever). Feedback will show whether any change is necessary. Thanks for working on this (it is a nice little game)!
Yes it's a nice game. I like the gameplay...
I'll probably finalise a first PND this Week-end.

Gearhead and Endgame are already on the repo.
Pioneer I already tried, but it need Shader, so I'll try again later, with a new release of glsim (that I haven't started yet).
Brick Infest I'm aware of it (I watch LGDB...).

Anyone renember that old Project OpenUT for Unreal Tournament ????
http://openut.sourceforge.net/

This would be realy nice for us all :D
There are still some lib that are just "lib", so x86 pre-compiled static lib, and so it's useless for us I am afraid (well, you can off course des-assemble the lib, covert that to C, and recompile them for arm). Also, that source is quite difficult to compile on modern GCC. It was meant for gcc 2.95 and many C++ things in it now just doesn't runs and need many adaptations.

Oh too old.
I was exited to find this older forgotten Project.
Maybe i get it run with Exagear+wine+software Renderer.
Had no Time yet to try the Exagear 3D Things.
The LinuxX86 Unreal Tournament Version do not have a Software Renderer unfortunaly.

The LinuxX86 Unreal Tournament Version do not have a Software Renderer unfortunaly.
I'm pretty sure it does have software rendering... I was playing with it on the OMAP5 devboard several months back.

GL rendering is still much more appealing though.

Back