Port Requests

You need to export LIBGL_FB=1 to be compatible with newer driver.
I don't think you should export LIBGL_STREAM=2 (=1 is enough for most purpose, not sure it's usefull on this one).
You can try to update gl4es also, you may have a bit more fps as some function as been optimised lately.

Last edited:
Wow. Looks great. It might be my imagination, but it seems to run smoother than the old version. Maybe that is just due to CC vs Gigahertz or something along those lines.

Anyone please could take a look at Barony?

Seems a very nice commercial game, but is opensource.

I've tryed to compile but failed at linking with this errors:
Code:
[100%] Linking CXX executable barony
CMakeFiles/barony.dir/src/init.cpp.o:init.cpp:function generateVBOs(): error: undefined reference to 'glVertexAttribPointer'
CMakeFiles/barony.dir/src/init.cpp.o:init.cpp:function generateVBOs(): error: undefined reference to 'glEnableVertexAttribArray'
CMakeFiles/barony.dir/src/init.cpp.o:init.cpp:function generateVBOs(): error: undefined reference to 'glVertexAttribPointer'
CMakeFiles/barony.dir/src/init.cpp.o:init.cpp:function generateVBOs(): error: undefined reference to 'glEnableVertexAttribArray'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
CMakeFiles/barony.dir/build.make:2575: recipe for target 'barony' failed
make[3]: *** [barony] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:104: recipe for target 'CMakeFiles/barony.dir/all' failed
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/barony.dir/all] Error 2
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:116: recipe for target 'CMakeFiles/barony.dir/rule' failed
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/barony.dir/rule] Error 2
Makefile:131: recipe for target 'barony' failed
make: *** [barony] Error 2

That Barony game remind me a bit of Eldrich...

Anyway, I don't own the game, so not sure I want spend time on that one.

But looking quickly in the sources, it may still run with GL 1.5 (so gl4es). I see some setup for Generic Vertex Arrays (in the generateVBOs() function from init.cpp, that cause the link error), but no Shaders to use them (the create_shaders() from opengl.cpp function is commented out).
So you can simply try to comment the calls to glVertexAttribPointer and glEnableVertexAttribArray in generateVBOs(), it may simply works with gl4es afterall.

barony02.png

So yeah, no need for shaders it seems :)

Samuel Villareal released the source code of his reverse engineered Powerslave enigne it seems begin of 2017.
https://github.com/svkaiser/PowerslaveEX

Wasn't available to public up to now to my knowledge.

(PC version demos/shareware as data source is available http://dukertcm.com/knowledge-base/downloads-rtcm/powerslave-shareware/ but not sure if compatiblity as this version is based on the PSX version...)

(PS: his engine KEX ( https://doomwiki.org/wiki/Kex_2 ) seems not up to date with later versions (TurokEX etc) but he announced he is willing to give support and accepting patches... so maybe he will do backports if he sees that the community uses his source code.)

Last edited:
So does this mean it would work on Pandy?
It's a screenshot from my Gigahertz pandora, so yes.

I have some issue to fix first. The setting screen is too big, so you cannot change anything. Default keymap is not good.
And the speed is a bit slow when sound is compiled in. Not sure how / if this can be optimised, as the sound system use FMOD, and is quite complicated to port to anything else (I'll try, but not sure I'll end up with anything usable, and not sure if the speed will be improved).

There's always for the Pyra though when it comes out.
That is what I keep telling myself about Eldritch. Since I can't pay it on my CC I have decided to hold off playing it (not that I made much progress, as I was waiting for the Pandora port...) until the Pyra is released, then try to find a way to blackmail @ptitSeb, or find some other way to convince him to port it early on. I need to look for more Lovecraftian games to play in appropriate settings on my handhelds. (Edit: Or should that have been "inappropriate" ;))

It's a screenshot from my Gigahertz pandora, so yes.
What about CC?

I wont test Barony on a CC until the PND is ready (it's not a developpement machine). My guess is that it will run (after all, it just use gl 1.5 functions) but will probably be a bit slow.

For now, the PND is not ready, I have found out that it use a "colored scheme readpixel" pickup mothod for right click, so for now, because the framebuffer is 16bits, right click (use) isn't working. So I need to implement some FBO for that (like I have done for Eternal Lands). I have reduce the size of the setup screen, but maybe I will also implement a virtual 960x600 screen (the minimum size for Barony) also using FBO... But I will let the choice between 800x480 and 960x600 to the user.

So still some work to do on this one...

PS: Eldritch early on the Pyra? Will see (it should not be difficult to port as soon as there is a working GLES2 driver).

Last edited:
I wont test Barony on a CC until the PND is ready (it's not a developpement machine). My guess is that it will run (after all, it just use gl 1.5 functions) but will probably be a bit slow.

For now, the PND is not ready, I have found out that it use a "colored scheme readpixel" pickup mothod for right click, so for now, because the framebuffer is 16bits, right click (use) isn't working. So I need to implement some FBO for that (like I have done for Eternal Lands). I have reduce the size of the setup screen, but maybe I will also implement a virtual 960x600 screen (the minimum size for Barony) also using FBO... But I will let the choice between 800x480 and 960x600 to the user.

So still some work to do on this one...

PS: Eldritch early on the Pyra? Will see (it should not be difficult to port as soon as there is a working GLES2 driver).

Eldritch would be a great earl;y addition to the Pyra library, it doesn't play well on the GPD Win at all (surprisingly low framerate, and the keyboard is not up to the challenge of controlling the game properly!)

I was looking to port killminds...i have already compiled some days ago...but never found some free time to do more play and a pnd of it.

Back