Port Requests

The current GoG version is 1.22, so it shouldn't work with mono anyway, unless there is a way to downgrade to 1.20 or below...

Single player and local multiplayer with an external controller run just fine for me as long as the swap file isn't being accessed. Whenever swap gets accessed, there is a small stutter. Pretty trivial though. Thanks for this, ptitSeb!

I can't seem to get the screen to show while in minimenu(in the hopes that it will use less RAM than XFCE). The music plays, and the screen goes black for me right now.
Ah, I didn't tried with minimenu. Strange it don't show. Any hint of what's happening in the /tmp/pndrun_hammerwatch.out files ?

I think Enigma (game creation software) would be a cool tool to have on the Pandora.  If anyone could help make this happen, it would be appreciated. (Requirements and source code HERE)

Thanks

CJ

I have continued working on glshim.

Fixed a couple of bugs, so now

AssaultCub works (but still not playable because shooting use glReadPixel on GL_DEPTH that is not supported) assaultcube_4.pngassaultcube_5.png

Scorched3d is also improved, but still not perfect.scorched3d_5.pngscorched3d_6.pngscorched3d_7.png.

OpenCity looks playable now. I may package it soon.opencity_1.png

And, I played more with mono. Dyson (that became later Eufloria) start, but is not displaying the game correctly (the flying things are missing).dyson_1.pngdyson_2.png

Also, I updated the Hammerwatch pnd, with the latest glshim and an option to use "Ahead of Time" compilation of mono, in the hope it make the game faster (for those who succeeded in launching it).

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow Scorched3D! Do you turn all the details to Low? Are there still people online playing it?

Scorched3D became unplayable sometime in the past.

I remember playing an older version a lot which already looked beautiful but ran very smooth on my old single core.

The current GoG version is 1.22, so it shouldn't work with mono anyway, unless there is a way to downgrade to 1.20 or below...

Single player and local multiplayer with an external controller run just fine for me as long as the swap file isn't being accessed. Whenever swap gets accessed, there is a small stutter. Pretty trivial though. Thanks for this, ptitSeb!

I can't seem to get the screen to show while in minimenu(in the hopes that it will use less RAM than XFCE). The music plays, and the screen goes black for me right now.
Ah, I didn't tried with minimenu. Strange it don't show. Any hint of what's happening in the /tmp/pndrun_hammerwatch.out files ?
Nevermind. I Just needed to wait longer and everything loaded eventually. Seems to work just fine in Minimenu. 

Also, I updated the Hammerwatch pnd, with the latest glshim and an option to use "Ahead of Time" compilation of mono, in the hope it make the game faster (for those who succeeded in launching it).
Works just great. Pretty similar to the first version from what I can tell. Will probably be more visible as I try the various multiplayer modes. I will switch back and forth between versions to try and get a better analysis for you.

Hi all,

Another port suggestion: YSoccer (formerly known as Yoda Soccer)

thumbnail_kick_off.jpg

Source is here.

EDIT: that one was a bad idea, it requires Blitzmax (proprietary software) to compile. Sorry :(

Cheers, Magic Sam

Nevermind. I Just needed to wait longer and everything loaded eventually. Seems to work just fine in Minimenu. 
Works just great. Pretty similar to the first version from what I can tell. Will probably be more visible as I try the various multiplayer modes. I will switch back and forth between versions to try and get a better analysis for you.
What version of Hammerwatch are you using? getting the same audio issues as Klumpen.. I've tried both 1.22 Linux and Windows version from steam.

What version of Hammerwatch are you using? getting the same audio issues as Klumpen.. I've tried both 1.22 Linux and Windows version from steam.
I downgraded to version 1.20 per the following: http://hammerwatch.com/forum/index.php?topic=2000.0

Unfortunately for those who bought on GoG, I have not seen a way to downgrade. I'm sure if Klumpen sends a message to the right person, he can get a copy of the downgraded exe. The Hammerwatch guys were very nice when I contacted them. They did indicate that version 1.22 still runs using mono, but instead of requiring full mono installation they included a stripped down version with the game.

Also, I copied the entire Hammerwatch folder to my SD and not just the executable. Not sure if that makes a difference.

Rolling back to 1.20 seems to work.. Also had to make a larger swap file, 512MB wasn't cutting it.

Rolling back to 1.20 seems to work.. Also had to make a larger swap file, 512MB wasn't cutting it.
Hmm 512MB has been working for me, however the game freezes for a brief moment while swap is being accessed. Perhaps I should try going larger as well.

Still working on glshim, among other things.

I have fixed a few things (and expanded the Matrix Stack).

So now, Dyson is playable :)

dyson_3.pngdyson_4.png

About Enigma, I may take a look someday if no one does before, but I'm not sure on what to do with another game engine...

About Enigma, I may take a look someday if no one does before, but I'm not sure on what to do with another game engine...
Thanks for the response.

Enigma has a drag-and-drop style interface (similar to the old game maker) which would allow people to create and play games right on the Pandora(without programming).  For me this would be a pretty cool addition to the Pandora library.

CJ

Also Frets on Fire.

Might be good with keyboard or custom controller.

Back