Port Requests

i mean there is already the open source clone, OpenRA...

but i did love this game growing up. wish they had lego versions of the tiberian units.

it says it will prompt you to download on first play. i don't remember having difficulty playing OpenRA back when i tried a couple years back, except for the fact that the AI was a lot better than me...

Great! Thanks for posting, hope someone take the game to modern OS, will be nice to play Agony on Linux/Win/Mac without an emulator.

Wonder how much code makes use of the Amiga only features like The Copper in the Agnus chipset, which did a ton of tricks for game graphics.

Agony was already ported to the Acorn Archimedes as I recall. And I think I have it on my Wii already, thanks to homebrew.
But from what I understand from where this code came from this is the Amiga Source files, maybe it contains other platforms, I just need to actually look at it I suppose. If it's already been ported to other platforms, I'm then just curious what was needed to port it, was it straight up 68k or did they have to re-write some Amiga specific methods.

Ah, sorry my mistake. Seems I was thinking of Abuse, which was a late DOS release which apparently made its way to Amiga OS 4 and almost everything else that's 32 bit and up in the time since, because the engine got open sourced early. Agony by Psignosis never reached any platforms I own.

Hi all,

'Amnesia: The Dark Descent' and 'A Machine For Pigs' Are Now Open Source:

@ptitSeb : would the Pandora and / or Pyra be powerful enough to run those games ?

Cheers, Magic Sam
Post automatically merged:

Hi again,

Older game from the same developers is also open source:

Cheers, Magic Sam

Last edited:
Well, I tried running with box86, some time ago, and the OpenGL part didn't worked. I also tried on a Pi4 with Mesa and the OpenGL part was still buggy. Maybe it could be easier with the sources, but that will probably not be an easy build'n play game...

EDIT: Also, it seems to be using Autodesk closed sources SDK for FBX loading

Last edited:
I haven't started porting or anything on this. Just reporting that info...

The ASSIMP library is well maintained and is able to load FBX, that's not really an issue. But that's still a lot of work to go from one API to another...

Hi @ptitSeb ,

I just meant thanks for having a look at the code. Whether you decide to give the port a go is up to you as always. I'm glad either way :)

On a side note, wouldn't the older Penumbra Overture (HPL1 engine) be a better candidate ?

Cheers, Magic Sam

Wohoo ..i found a Fork of MKXP.

Maybe its more combatible to many RPG Maker XP Games than MKXP itself.
screenshot.png

Hi all :)

Raze is a fork of Build engine games backed by GZDoom tech and combines Duke Nukem 3D, Blood, Redneck Rampage, Shadow Warrior and Exhumed/Powerslave in a single package. It is also capable of playing Nam and WW2 GI.

Cheers, Magic Sam

https://johnfactotum.github.io/foliate/
Seems to be a very good e-reader with some very nice features (tts - annotations - dictionaries).

Main dependencies:
  • gjs >= 1.52
  • webkit2gtk
    (gir1.2-webkit2-4.0 for Debian based distros)
  • meson >= 0.40 (required for building)
  • gettext (required for building)
Possible to get it to work on the Pandora?

Back