Port Requests

That's an unusual stance, given the next in the series was the something confusing mario sunshine. And especially if you consider the new super mario games part of the canon, which I've always felt a mere option to play through only
I find m64 controls unrefined and clunky, but I intend to give it more time. iirc it has sone excellent levels. never really played sunshine, don't like the aesthetic, might give it a shot someday. I do like galaxies though. I agree about the news, pretty weak imo. actually I prefer the platformer donkey kongs as mario games.
Post automatically merged:

passed this on the way to the airport, thought of you all:
PXL_20220415_132602713~2.jpg

is that a billboard for Brentford ?
Ah yes: Sega Europe. Even looks like a Japanese building! I used hate Sega, was a total Nintendo weenie. Thought Sonic was a complete Mario ripoff. Well...... Super Mario was all about speed if you recall. There was even a dedicated button for this (B). Now I love Sega and Sonic, especially the first Sonic which I find both visually and sonically (er..) stunning. Sonic is a masterpiece and I use his lovely pixels to test the quality of my OSSC.

How about an Amiga emulator on Pyra?
I have seen FS-uae on the Debian repo for ARM but i think it will be not very optimized (i didn't have tested).
Anyone want to try to build a more optimized one?
I have tryed with Amiberry some time ago...but speed was very disappointing...it was a quick build and also without changing much options on the compiler...
Anyway i'm not so good at optimizing so if someone want to port an Amiga emu it will be great.

How about an Amiga emulator on Pyra?
I have seen FS-uae on the Debian repo for ARM but i think it will be not very optimized (i didn't have tested).
Anyone want to try to build a more optimized one?
I have tryed with Amiberry some time ago...but speed was very disappointing...it was a quick build and also without changing much options on the compiler...
Anyway i'm not so good at optimizing so if someone want to port an Amiga emu it will be great.
AmiBerry works on the Pi so it'd be a better starting point than FS-UAE.

Ok maybe i need to open a new thread but for now..
I recompiled Amiberry 5.3 but was not satisfied of the tiny gui...so i spent a couple of days (on and off) adapting to our resolution 1280*720.

Here is the result...

Schermata a 2022-08-19 16-10-12.pngSchermata a 2022-08-19 16-11-45.pngSchermata a 2022-08-19 16-11-57.png

Unfortunately Amiberry is a bit slow to be enjoyable...sound is very choppy...and don't have a clou to what change in the code.
I use the same GCC options for Odroid XU4 to compile....i added only float hard...
-mcpu=cortex-a15 -mfpu=neon_vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard

If someone want to try i could upload the exe...

Re:AmiBerry
UAE derived Amiga emulators are 2-threaded. (One thread is for the chipset, one for the CPU.) The ODroid XU4 is overclocked in its standard configuration so the other 6 cores are idle most of the time when running the Amiga emulator on it. Maybe that's why it runs so slow.

I'd like to request updates for the following:
Armagetron
Battle For Wesnoth
Bit Fighter
Cataclysm DDA
Hyper Rogue
Seventh Sense
Sonic Robo Blast 2
Fabled Lands App
Open Arena

I'd like to request updates for the following:
Armagetron
Battle For Wesnoth
Bit Fighter
Cataclysm DDA
Hyper Rogue
Seventh Sense
Sonic Robo Blast 2
Fabled Lands App
Open Arena
On the Pandora I suppose?

(I don't think SRB2 or OpenArena changed since last PND was made)

I think i will try the UAE from the Debian Repo tomorrow afternoon, and i will report how it works.. its needs just a bit of mapping if its works fine, the Offizial Port can wait ^^

So I dit try FS-UAE from Synaptic : you need UAE and the UAE Launcher
Controlls where set Automatic to Pyra Input
The GUI is much to big for the Pyra Screen so you have to move it to reach the needed buttons
After setting a game, it’s emulate the Flobby Noises, and it’s starts..
unfortunaly it’s too slow in the Game,
Maybe I shouldn’t run Giana Sisters SE whit the DS Sprites as Test but it should run on a normal Amiga as well ..
I ditnt found out how to activate GLES in the Emulator, mybe it where fullspeed then?

Gl4es sf-uae-launcher , at least whe know it would run but it’s need some optimazions , I mean I got the Amiga Rom Folder from my Pandora so I would suppose this dit run quite good there ^^

Chatty would be really nice to have. It is a libpurple based messenger app, that is very lightweight and works nicely on small resolutions. Due to matrix support, it can make especially the pandora usable (again) as a central messaging device if you host your own matrix server with corresponding bridges.
For the Pyra it is basically already available, as a source package for Debian bullseye exists and can be built easily on our current system. For the Pandora, it looks like it requires a lot of effort to build all the dependencies (libolm, ...) maybe someone has an idea how to build and package that easily?

Back