Port: X-moto

Well,

Elastomania is closed source, shareware, old and buggy while X-Moto is free, open-source, has new features and way faster. I don´t think that X-Moto is elastomania-ripoff ;)

Looks like a Bike or Die clone to me. I haven't played it but it certainly looks similar.

Well, anyone intrested in porting this game? It would be awesome! :huh:

One thing is this game is difficult to control using a keyboard... it might just be a nightmare using a d-stick ;)

A thread about this a year ago stated that it requires a Athlon 1600 to run well, plus it requires opengl.

Now that we have opengl we are still missing the requirements. Maybe the requirements have changed since a year.

I had an old shareware game similar to this that ran on my 486DX2 (66MHz, no 3D hardware ;) ) So it's possible to have a game like this on GP2X... I don't know if porting this is the right way though.

SDL_gfx is very slow on GP2X, it will almost certainly need to have pre-rotated bitmaps or a faster rotation algorithm to work correctly.

Mudi posted on Feb 3 2007 at 05:38 PM said:
SDL_gfx is very slow on GP2X, it will almost certainly need to have pre-rotated bitmaps or a faster rotation algorithm to work correctly.
Hello Mudi

I it very nice to hear that xmoto actualy runs on the gp2x,
The initial port used pre rotated bitmaps and was a lot faster then the current implementation, if you want
I can dig up the code?

can you run use the -fps option to tell us the reached framerates
also would you be so kind to also run the game in -ugly mode and test what happens
if you make the screen 2 times smaller.

totally missed these posts sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
keesj said:
Mudi posted on Feb 3 2007 at 05:38 PM said:
Hello Mudi
hmm

Actually what you are saying is that SDL_gfx is slow not xmoto
I think the xmoto code is ready to be tested on a real device
so Who can help to compile the stuff??

PokeParadox posted on Feb 11 2007 at 06:49 PM said:
Possibly I can help compile it... unless there's some very strange stuff going on.
No , it is a default bootstrap configure make make install for xmoto, compiling ode might be a bit harder
checkout the xmoto code from svn

svn co svn://svn.tuxfamily.org/svnroot/xmoto/xmoto/trunk xmoto
run bootstrap
the xmoto configure requires the following code to disable opengl
--with-renderer-openGl=0 --with-renderer-sdlGfx=1 --disable-nls

there are 3 important depenencies
ode (require me to remove test and demo code because that contains opengl stuff)
lua (5.1 easy)
and sdl_gfx (easy requires --disable-mmx flag)

The new code does not use opengl and not much sdl_gfx.
If I can help in any way please tel me how

Yeah you've lost me... lol I'm not too hot when using the compiler and make files and such.

It sounds like you'd be better suited to doing the actual compiling... I take it you don't have a devkit for the GP2X setup yet?

These guides tell you how to get a dev environment for the 2X setup:
http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/Getting_started_...P2X_development

PokeParadox posted on Feb 11 2007 at 07:28 PM said:
Yeah you've lost me... lol I'm not too hot when using the compiler and make files and such.

It sounds like you'd be better suited to doing the actual compiling... I take it you don't have a devkit for the GP2X setup yet?

These guides tell you how to get a dev environment for the 2X setup:
http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/Getting_started_...P2X_development

Ok , no problem. I just will try to get a gpx in a few month and try it myself. I don't think I will be able to manage to build a package what will work on a device I don't own.

thanks for the link, I already have an environment setup.

ditto, but i doubt it will run, it requires OpenGL and the latest build that i played challenged my 2.5 ghz linux box (with a horrible (HORRIBLE!) graphics card)..... its a great game tho, but i doubt it will run at playable speeds, but still it never hurts to try

Back