Advanced Member
Here is a port of Portile, a mini 2d portal game:

http://www.increpare.com/2008/11/portile/

p3.gif

----------

-controls-

----------

D-PAD LEFT/RIGHT : move left/right

A/B/X/Y=fire portal opening A in a particular direction (can only have portal launching at any given moment)

LEFT SHOULDERBUTTON + A/B/X/Y=fire portal opening B in a particular direction

RIGHT SHOULDERBUTTON = closes both portal openings

Get it from the repo:

http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=portile-portal2d-1380

Hope you enjoy!

i hate to be that guy, but should you maybe provide another preview pic, so another swastika isnt pulled off the repo? :| i know its not the correct swastika, but its pretty much just a weird swastika inside another weird swastika to me :|

i hate to be that guy, but should you maybe provide another preview pic, so another swastika isnt pulled off the repo? :| i know its not the correct swastika, but its pretty much just a weird swastika inside another weird swastika to me :|

I don't think this is a problem, effects like this can happen in this game. There are also buildings, that have that form, would you suggest to destroy them too?

usnavalbase8zb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What a great game, my mind is tied in knots after 20 minutes. Never played narbacular drop but am a huge fan of portal, so this has been very interesting. It's amazing that something that looks so simple can be so deep.

As for the swastika thing, surely it's time this beautiful symbol regained its rightful place as a symbol of good luck which was used for many thousands of years by some eastern religions before being hijacked by the nazi party and coca cola.

On the issue of the German law relating to the swastika my (limited) understanding is that the display of the swastika is legally permitted in Germany as long are there are no nazi / far right connections.

Yeah! Bloody Coca Cola ruining it's reputation! *grrrr*

On the issue of the German law relating to the swastika my (limited) understanding is that the display of the swastika is legally permitted in Germany as long are there are no nazi / far right connections.
Nope, you will never find Swastikas on these Plastic Buddhas in front of a german Asia restaurants. :D (Some of these Stautes in other Countries have Swastikas on their Body) You can find Swastikas in Movies of course because Movies are "Art". But sadly, Video Games are no Art here in germany which means that Indiana Jones Movies show Swastikas and Indiana Jones Videogames don't. It's sad but it doesn't matter if you fight AGAINST Nazis in Games (of course I always buy uncut Games ;) )

More confusing is the display in Comics. Some Serious Comics like "MAUS" and some Satire Comics are allowed to show a Swasika but in others like the "Hellsing" Mangas it is cut out. On the other handy the german Version of the "Hellsing Ultimate" OAV shows Swasticas AFAIK. The law is pretty confusing there I guess so alot of self censoring is done "just to be on the save side" I guess.

There was a case where they forgot to remove one tiny little swastika in the german, censored version of a Video Game once (in the Manual or ingame, not sure anymore). They stopped instantly the entire Batch, they removed the entire Batch from the Stores and (AFAIK) wrote to the customers that already buyed the Game to send it back (!!!)

Yes, they are going nuts here when it comes to Swasticas.

The Swastika's never gonna have good publicity again.
You just have to fly to Asia. ;) AFAIK in USA also nobody cares about Swastikas, at least they are not forbidden there. Sad thing is that Neo Nazis can abuse it this way which is really bad IMHO. One of the main reasons why this Symbol is forbidden in Germany, which is a good thing in this case. Bad thing is of course that it is still forbidden in Video Games because I love to fight against Nazis. :D

Back