Dingoo Porting Exult Problem

xzakox

Still Fresh
Website
ladecadence.net
Hi!
I'm porting exult to Dingux, I got it to compile and run, but I have a weird graphics problem. I get the screen like compressed in half the total space, and with weird colors (like it was a bpp problem, but I forced SDL in 8 and 16 bpp and it's the same).
Someone with experience in porting Exult can point me in some way?
Thanks!

Isn`t that something to do with the screen orientation, 240x320 instead of 320x240, Something that the GP32 and Wiz
suffered from ?.

I could be talking a complete load of twaddle, And be way off the mark, So i`ll leave the
door open for someone better positioned to help you.

*/Gets coat/*

Trooper

Ther's some tips on the A230 Forums for this issue.
http://a320.freeforums.org/making-sdl-output-at-16bpp-t567.html
Hope it will help you

I have exactly the same issue with openjazz. Forcing to 16bpp did solve the "only half the screen" problem, but now the sprites are totally messed up.

I also got openredalert to compile and it will start, but there seem to be problems with reading the mix-files and it just crashes after initializing the menu.

Your on the right track with it being 8 bpp vs 16 bpp. What i did until the wiz SDL was fixed was init the screen at 16 bpp, create a buffer surface a 8 bpp. Let the app draw to the 8 bpp buffer, convert the 8 bpp buffer surface to a temp 16 bpp surface and then blit the temp to the screen.

Is there any info on how the wiz's sdl was fixed? Maybe that could be turned into a patch for dingux's sdl?
Would make porting things to dingux a lot easier.

conso said:
Is there any info on how the wiz's sdl was fixed? Maybe that could be turned into a patch for dingux's sdl?
Would make porting things to dingux a lot easier.

It was a hardware interface specific to the wiz its not something you can use on the dingo sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
ah, ok. well, it's not that problematic in the end ^^

Back