Possible Infringement?

Sobek

Still Fresh
pando.JPG

http://www.pando.com/

"What's Pando? Pando is free P2P software that makes downloading, streaming and sharing large media files fast, easy and fun."

Given what looks to be the official logo of the Pandora, and the obvious name similarity, I think CraigIX and company may experience problems in the future.

Normally I'd not be so concerned about the issue considering the disparate nature of the products but someone told me it would be a non-issue with the Phoenix browser and Phoenix Technologies; there's a reason I'm using 'Firefox' and not 'Phoenix'. Their website says that they've been around since 2004 and that they launched their Pando P2P in 2006. The Pando P2P has been reviewed by major publications like The New York Times and The Wall Street Journal and won a number of awards from several reputable places including PC World and cNet.

I just wanted to bring this to wider attention right away so that some calls or e-mails or something that may be needed can occur before things are set in stone(Or stamped in plastic, as it were).

Personally, I prefer Eolair's logo anyway. And I apologize if this is considered spam but, how am I supposed to search the forum for the word 'Pando' and get any relevant results? :blink:

I don't think it'll be a problem either, but just because we're both on the same(Intelligent) page doesn't make companies any less petty. I don't know Pando Networks past or it's corporate ambitions or strategies but you can never know...

i don't think anybody can claim that the pandora is misleading people into thinking it has an association with pando...

the name is different, and from what I can tell, the only similarity in the possible logo is that its a box (hardly original)

although i'm not up to date with recent logo ideas for pandora (i'm assuming nothing official has been decided yet, as i've seen nothing on the wiki)

(Although i did see the render of the pandora next to a floppy disc - i wonder how the floppy disc will fit as it actually looks bigger than the pandora)

Sobek said:
pando.JPG

For a second I thought this was another logo suggestion for pandora. Though I think the names have just enough difference that it shouldn't be a big issue. Pandora isn't the first to use the name, there's the Pandora internet music streaming thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think the logo is from openpandora.org is final yet anyway.

Back