Possible Pyra competitor: Graalphone

i like the look of those (PC-3000/3100 and Jornado), but yeah, definitely would love to see the Graalphone come to market with less features than any more :).

But how that LCD screen is supposed to be connected?
(and will the screen stay open and a 120° or 90° position, but that's minor issue if the screen as no conection and is just a black surface).
Don't you know? It's called "Magic" :)

In all serious, I was tempted to say have some wires through the two hinges, but I'm not sure there's enough space, and then you have to consider that the hinges can be moved to the other side of the device (for tablet mode)

Well, I guess you can make it works by not having an LCD ribbon but just free contact. You put the contact on the other side of the LCD, and then 2 different contant: one just bellow the keyboard, for the tablet position, and one inside the case for the open position (I assume the LCD will be at a fixed 100° position, with the slide going a bit inside the device to provide anchor for the screen to stay open). (I should do a drawing, but I suck at it so I wont).
Still a bit strange to have the screen disconect / reconnect when changing position, and probably very fragile also.

Given that they don't seem to be concerned at all by practicalities, why not just have a wireless screen with it's own processors and battery, inductively charged from the main body of the unit?

Given that they don't seem to be concerned at all by practicalities, why not just have a wireless screen with it's own processors and battery, inductively charged from the main body of the unit?
Welp, it's either that or magic. Or it could just be another Smach or PGS situation where they're throwing out fantastical ideas without ever thinking about what's actually possible or feasible with today's tech.

Back