Possible Sony's Nail In The Coffin

piemaster

Sony's now made it illegal to import psp's, software and accessories to europe. Theres also the possibility it could happen with the PS3 aswell just to stop us buying it early. :angry:

If Sony want to be a bastard to us europeans then sod them they may have just lost my money

ign

Sony did this, because without the $200 premiums on all the hardware in europe, they would go bankrupt from all the losses they are taking in Japan and the US.

piemaster posted on Oct 23 2006 at 07:54 PM said:
Sony's now made it illegal to import psp's, software and accessories to europe
They did that right after the US release of the PSP. Ask craig, he had to close his shop temporarily due to trouble with SONY.

Last edited by a moderator:
PSyMastR posted on Oct 23 2006 at 09:52 PM said:
Sony did this, because without the $200 premiums on all the hardware in europe, they would go bankrupt from all the losses they are taking in Japan and the US.

If Sony and the rest of them didn't charge so much more than everywhere else and if they released the games people wanted people wouldn't feel the need to import.

What i don't see the point of is the PSP being region free ,I know its up to the games developers if they region code it but none of them bother

Nintendo feel the same as Sony but they know if they stop people importing it can lose them money aswell

All this power has gone straight to Sony's head. They seem to think no matter what they do people will still put up with it and buy there stuff.
The reason I'm so pissed off is cos there are decent games that only come out in Japan and the US that we never get.

nice one sony, you just killed lik-sang....

"Blame it on Sony. That's the latest dark spot in their shameful track record as gaming industry leader. The Empire finally 'won', few dominating retailers from the UK probably will rejoice the news, but everybody else in the gaming world lost something today."

quote from lik-sang.com

i think its a real shame they had to shut down, all my import stuff was from them.

The problem is now Lik-sang's out of bussiness Sony will go after all the rest of the import sites.
Which means people aren't allowed freedom of choice on what games they want they have to take what Sony throws at them.

What Sony don't seem to realise that if they stop people from importing the games they want people will just turn to piracy to get them.

If sony hadn't announced the death of the ps1 a few years back, and let it die away quietly, i wouldn't have had to turn to piracy i the first place. But now that a copy of effing chrono cross is approaching $30 used, i've had to solder a 7 WIRE MOD-CHIP onto my ps1's effing motherboard. Thanks alot sony, you really made my day easy. :angry:

Now my warranty is void too :(

Lik-sangs only shut down to the buying of Sony products is it not? Better not be as I'm gonna be ordering some ds stuff off of there. I read this a while ago. Its disgraceful. I mean if u look at the ds, not only are its games selling well in places like Japan but when people are importing them the sales figures increase. Nintendo doesn't really like importing but im glad they arent going to stop it. Sony shouldnt have done that.

Plus, Id like to see how they manage to stop people on eBay from importing.

I'm now considering having my PSP fixed to play pirated games cos i won't be able to get the nice japanese RPG'S that Sony don't want to release here.

I hope Sony have this bite them in the arse
My fiance has already sent them an email threating to throw her PSP through the window of their office maybe we should all turn up at their offices the same time and play break the window with are PSP'S :)

Someone on Slashdot made a fairly insightful post about this. Basically, they said "These large companies sure enjoy all the benefits of free trade (cheap labour) but don't like the other things that come with it (importing items from places where they're cheaper.)"

CUPC4KES posted on Oct 24 2006 at 04:28 PM said:

"Blame it on Sony. That's the latest dark spot in their shameful track record as gaming industry leader. The Empire finally 'won', few dominating retailers from the UK probably will rejoice the news, but everybody else in the gaming world lost something today."

quote from lik-sang.com

i think its a real shame they had to shut down, all my import stuff was from them.
Those shitters!

Oh well, at least now i have another argument to pirate PS2 games. After i modded it (Duo3 Chip), i still bought many games, but that´s over now. Also no first party acessoires anymore.

Fishbong posted on Oct 25 2006 at 11:22 AM said:
CUPC4KES posted on Oct 24 2006 at 04:28 PM said:

quote from lik-sang.com

Those shitters!

Oh well, at least now i have another argument to pirate PS2 games. After i modded it (Duo3 Chip), i still bought many games, but that´s over now. Also no first party acessoires anymore.
there's a whole thread on this fishbong. Lik sang is a corporation, and they'll be open again under a different name (still liksang.com though, as craig pointed out). dont worry about it :D

Back