Possible To Run An Ms-Dos Game?

Egonga

Still Fresh
Hi guys,

This is probably just a pipe dream, but I've always wanted to play Championship Manager 2 on a handheld console. The Caanoo seems pretty flexible, and according to the specs on Wikipedia it should be able to handle CM2 power-wise. However, I have no idea if it's even possible to get the game up and running on the system.

The game was released in 1995 (ish), and ran on the MS-Dos operating system. I have a copy of the CD if it's needed.

Would anybody have any idea how I would go about making this work? Is there like an MS-Dos emulator to download or something like that? Also, would the touch screen work as a replacement for mouse-clicking?

Thanks in advance,
Egonga.

Egonga said:
This is probably just a pipe dream, but I've always wanted to play Championship Manager 2 on a handheld console.

Only way is using dosbox, which is pretty slow though. Not sure if dosbox was compiled for caanoo yet either though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well that sucks. Does anybody know a work-around of some kind? Or alternatively, is anybody working on a Caanoo DOSbox?

There was an amiga version of Championship Manager 2 released too. Have you tried it with the amiga emulator ?

scachi said:
There was an amiga version of Championship Manager 2 released too. Have you tried it with the amiga emulator ?

*returns to this thread, shaking violently and hugging himself in a blanket*

That was horrible. All the other emulators are so easy compared to the Amiga. I will have nightmares about the kick.rom o_o

Don't worry about it, guys. If it can't be done then it can't be done. It's not like I'll have a shortage of games to play on this thing ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
yea i have played around with a Amiga emulator on the PC, with the different chip sets and different kick starts it takes a lot of playing around sometimes, i have read that the Atari ST is a lot easier(Ginge) maybe you could try Atari ST version of the game..not sure if you will have the touch screen option, i don't even have my Caanoo yet to test run it

Back