Post or read your compatabilities in the matrix!

To anyone who posts here, if you still know it, please post which disk set you're using (Automation, Pompey Pirates, etc.) That way if you have a good result we know where to find it!

skeezix posted on May 15 2003 said:
Head over to the main site:
http://www.codejedi.com/shadowplan/gp32.html

You'll see a link to a compatability site where you can add yours to the list, so we can see how many hundreds of thousands of games are compatable :) Add to the list, and after awhile it'll be good to surf and find good games in :)

Thanks NWN for it!

jeff
er, DWN on NWN. Neverwinter Nights had nothign to do with it :)

jeff

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Jeff (and yes DWN is better than NeverWinterNights. heh),

Castaway Game Compatibility List

The comments are perfect for listing the disk you played it from (Automation, etc.) As well as some nice tricks to getting the game running good on the GP32 (like hitting space to get past intro, or fast emu instead of accurate, etc.)

It will probably have a bug or two.. but nothing we can't fix. .. Anyway. I just did one for Shadow of the Beast. I haven't built a UI yet for adding new Version Names (9.2, etc.)

Let me know if I missed anything. .
That also goes for anyone who checks this site out and adds some game compatibility reports.

And just because someone else has rated a game doesn't mean you can't.. it will allow for multiple entries on any game.. Because we all know, not everyone gets the same results. :D

~DWN

Yes, great work sir, thank you! Wasn't clear in my earlier post, I did actually mean to put disk info in the comments on your site, not posted here.

Ahwell... I can't add Wonderboy in Monsterland to the list... it isn't found
But it works great :)

i'd like a way to edit entries so that in future, as emulation improves, we can change how each game runs.

great idea by the way.

EvilDragon, I haven't added a UI for entering new games yet.. I can do them by hand though.. I will add that one now.

(Its there now)

stickofjoy, as soon as Jeff releases a new version, I will add it into the version drop down that shows up when you report a game.. so that (in theory, ) on the main list page, it should show the scores for the latest version entered on that particular title. But in the details the entire history will be there so that you can see if one version helped a game or hindered it.

DarkWolfNine posted on May 16 2003 said:
stickofjoy, as soon as Jeff releases a new version, I will add it into the version drop down that shows up when you report a game.. so that (in theory, ) on the main list page, it should show the scores for the latest version entered on that particular title. But in the details the entire history will be there so that you can see if one version helped a game or hindered it.
i added some stats fo Robocop III, but it was with 0.4 that I tested it. i retested it 0.92 and it plays fast enough. so i had to add another entry because I couldn't change my original one. so now the numbers don;t reflect the proper status off the game. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry. But when I created the site 9.2 was out. I didn't think about adding previous versions. :p Also, I could add the ability to Add new Games that aren't in the list.. But I wonder if it will get out of hand. I.E. People and mis-spelling. heh.

~DWN

please add the ability to edit the entries that you make. so i can go in and change the entry for robocop III! ;)

@DWN

i've contributed to several online game databases before, the best thing to do is set up some sort of user registration with different levels of access, people you trust would be able to add and edit games themselves, others could submit new entries online but have to wait for you to manually aprove etc etc.

oh and i don't know about spelling mistakes but theres already multiple entries for the same game, just take a look at the Lotus games.

Belarath, you are probably right. I did a text compare but I am sure III and 3 might have both gotten in there. Being that there were 2300 entries I just parsed a text file to fill the database. I have thought about adding a login session. That will let people edit entries they make, and remove ones they hosed up. :S.. But that will take a little time to whip up :D. And should I let people who aren't logged in post results?

hmm that's probably a good idea, as sites get bigger and attract more attention they unfortunately become greater targets for abuse, and it would be a shame to see the db messed up with a lot of bogus results :(

oh and i've posted a few compatability notes on there and came across a problem.

for first samurai i voted on nothing apart from the stability, in the close up view it shows it as 0% compatability but in the list view it shows it as 0% gfx

Just added the login feature to the Compatibility site.. its fairly painless. Just username, email, and password.. and you are golden..
but now you should be able to edit or delete your results if you messed up, etc.

On Deck: ability to add a Game Title not listed in the database...

in the hole: Ability for admins to delete, change, add game titles, and versions (like for all the versions Jeff releases every 10 mins :p j/k Jeff we love it)

nice work! we're getting there.

how about some initiative to get some CRCs and game compatability posted? like "world atari st emulation day"?

;)

i did not mean for your site, sorry.

i mean an initiative to get people using that an submitting CRC values for the ST Game Database. To push the community/scene forward.

Back