Post Your Dosbox Successes Here

Khan said:
GizmoTheGreen said:
thansk for the tip! be sure to let me know if you know more xD
weird, didnt work... knights of xentar is a go though!
no wait, it appears to get stuck... wel, atleast it ran, it appears to get stuck, but music goes on fine, xD

For Marble Cooking (and DOS games in general) run the batch file (START.BAT). Works flawlessly for me that way ;)

Despite the skippy sound, Knights of Xentar works fine. When you say "stuck" you mean you can´t exit the game? I can get in-game perfectly but weirdly I can´t Exit to DOS (Pandora Key to the rescue! Saves you the hassle of forcing shutdown :) )

More h-games (Yes, h-GAMES...not very fond of visual novels and CG-driven crap in general xDD)

Cobra Mission
Mad Paradox
Dragon Knight IV (Although being in Japanese, its mechanics are ridiculous simple and can be easily completed)
Metal & Lace (IIRC this one was censored, but hey! Pics of gorgeous anime babes as you beat them in robo-fights!)
Queen of Tenshindo 95 (A Windows 95 one, but hopefully the future WINE project has a chance to get it running due to its low requirements...worked fine on my 486 DX2-66)

And regarding arcade games you have the highly addictive Gals Panic series (Maybe the later games are not playable under the current un-optimized state of MAME)

gets stuck as in when the bandits or whatever they are in the beginning gets you to say your defenseless, it locks up, or something, pressing enter does nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Odd...I went to the tavern, beat them to a pulp and saved the naked damsel in distress. I didn´t advance further but it seemed OK all the time.

Corrupted files maybe? Get it again from another source (don´t forget to run setup.exe in case of sound issues)

MonkeyChops said:
Phantasmagoria worked very well. It had a small hang-up on the title screen and is a little skippy in some of the game-play but most of the game play has been smooth as have the cut scenes (even at full screen). I absolutely loved this game back in the day, I'm really stoked that it works so well in dosbox.

That sounds very good to me. Phantasmagoria's systemminima sais a need of a 486 DX2 66 MHz CPU. That means that games similiar to Phantasmagoria and which not need much more than upper systemcharacteristic can probably run on the Pandora well, too. For example Gabriel Knight 1,2, Byzantine: The Betrayal / Tod in Istanbul, Tex Murphy, 7th guest, etc.

If someone check up the games Little Big Adventure, Holiday Island, Transport Tycoon, Z, Burntime, Rick Dangerous 2, The Lost Vikings, it would be very cool. I would like to see how far the Pandora can get..

Eniko said:
Usoppe said:
Transport Tycoon
Is there something wrong with OpenTTD? :huh:
Forgot that theres an open source alternative ;)

Nevertheless it would be interesting to see how far the Pandora can get.

Usoppe said:
That sounds very good to me. Phantasmagoria's systemminima sais a need of a 486 DX2 66 MHz CPU. That means that games similiar to Phantasmagoria and which not need much more than upper systemcharacteristic can probably run on the Pandora well, too. For example Gabriel Knight 1,2, Byzantine: The Betrayal / Tod in Istanbul, Tex Murphy, 7th guest, etc.

I can confirm those ones: GK1 works very well and GK2 works more or less according to MonkeyChops description of Phantasmagoria (Both games are from 1995 and slightly differ in system requirements).

Larry 7 and Space Quest 6, here I come! :D (can´t wait for hardware acceleration on DosBox).

Usoppe said:
The Lost Vikings

a quick test of the demo seems to be mostly full speed.

I must of had a different problem before with kq6, it runs great with music and speech now.

descent and terminal velocity both run slow with graphic settings set to the lowest. not what I'd call playable but not completely unplayable either.

gta was really slow and only half the screen was visible.

cannon fodder ran good

I'll try to test some more later

@Khan, hardware accelerated dosbox on the pandora will be fun to play with. hopefully we'll have qemu+wine to look forward to also. :D

Dreamweb seems pretty flawless but I only played it for a minute. It is apparently abandonware so I tested the full version. I never played it before but it looks cool, I'll probably give it a go later on.

Thanks for testing some games.
Sounds so that Dosbox is quite useful on the Pandora.

IIRC there were interpreters of both games in GP2X (D1X Rebirth and D2X) so a port of those ones should be more efficient perfomance-wise.

torpor said:
What is Descent/Descent2 like on DOSBOX?

demo of descent one was on the borderline of being playable. slow at the lowest graphic settings. It's not terrible at first but when enemies are on the screen, the frame rate tanks. playable for the hardcore fans I guess.

Don't think I need to bother with part 2...

Success story:
- Quest for Glory 1 (VGA remake) works great.
- Quest for Glory 4 (cd version) works great.

Khan said:
More h-games (Yes, h-GAMES...not very fond of visual novels and CG-driven crap in general xDD)

Yes, God forbid you not get some gameplay with your creepy rape stories.

MonkeyChops said:
torpor said:

demo of descent one was on the borderline of being playable. slow at the lowest graphic settings. It's not terrible at first but when enemies are on the screen, the frame rate tanks. playable for the hardcore fans I guess.

Wasn't there a Pandora version of DXX-Rebirth in the works? I know there is a GP2X version.. So there would be no need for playing these two games in Dosbox, just play natively.

TrashyMG said:
MonkeyChops said:
torpor said:

Wasn't there a Pandora version of DXX-Rebirth in the works? I know there is a GP2X version.. So there would be no need for playing these two games in Dosbox, just play natively.

I have builds just havnt gotten to pnd'ing them

wing commander ran great. no problems that I could see.

wing commander 2 also ran good. maybe a little slow during some parts but completely playable. "get him, he's a traitor!" :lol:

I don't have much hope for wing commander 3 but I'm going to try anyways once I find my old disks, I loved that game. Go Luke!

Back