Power Problems

Murff, put it all in a box and send it back, seriously. They should check the device, else you make it just worse(if it's possible to make it worse even further, that is). edit: Nothing to see here, move along :unsure:

mali said:
Murff, put it all in a box and send it back, seriously. They should check the device, else you make it just worse(if it's possible to make it worse even further, that is).
I'd give the new battery a chance to get a full charge first and see what happens.

These batteries have been sitting so long that even the minor charge they were given in the factory is probably close to gone IMO.

Good luck bro!

Link

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys. Well, It's now charging, it says 22%, it looks better than it ever has with the new battery. However, the system just froze and I had to reset the pandora. Now that could well be a software issue. I'll wait until the battery is fully charged, then I'll reflash it and see how it goes.

@Aethix: that's a good point, I'll test the usb-mini once the battery is charged.

what an adventure! If it was a sony device or anything else, I would already have sent it back but somehow this pandora just give me -maybe naively- faith and optimism!

When I close the lid, the screen turns off, however I don't know if the system goes on standby. But it still charges. I've got the red light and it now says 26%.

Hmm, it definately shouldn't freeze.
Random freezes could also occur by broken RAM or something like that.
Had that on a few PCs and Laptops... it always can happen :(

If it still freezes with the new battery, get a replacement.

darkstorm said:
If I plug in the charger I got with my pandora (/w the travel adapter), the pandora does not charge(or at least I don't get the light).

If I plug in my psp charger, it automatically turns the pandora on, and the red charging light comes on, and if I then shut it down, it automatically turns back on.

Can anyone help?

I know this might sound stupid but if you are UK based and have the travel adapter version, are you sure your putting the plug into the travel adapter the right way. I had the same problem until I realised the plug goes in sideways into the travel adapter then into the wall socket. doh!

@EvilDragon: 1st thing 1st, thanks for being here on the forums, assisting desperate users like me! Since I replaced the battery it only froze once but once the battery is fully charged, I will do a reflash and see how it goes. During reflash, for a few files, it says something along the lines of 'file already here, not flashing it', is it normal? Is there a way to do a full reflash or am I just missing something obvious?

Murff said:
@EvilDragon: 1st thing 1st, thanks for being here on the forums, assisting desperate users like me! Since I replaced the battery it only froze once but once the battery is fully charged, I will do a reflash and see how it goes. During reflash, for a few files, it says something along the lines of 'file already here, not flashing it', is it normal? Is there a way to do a full reflash or am I just missing something obvious?

That's okay, it will only flash the bootloader and kernel when needed.
The RootFS will always be flashed.

Last edited:
Before you panic and say the PSU is faulty please try (if you have one) a different euro adapter (if you use it). I've had little luck with these for some reason and using one I got a while back worked a treat and the PSU is fine. It would save you having to send back the PSU if it's just the euro adapter that's acting up. :) or it might be that I've just been connecting it wrongly (anyone care to make a video showing how to connect the PSU to the adpater?)

I had a problem with my first battery as it wouldn't hold power. I've not let this one run down as far and always keep an eye on power. If the battery is totaly flat it will take about 10-15 minutes for the red light to appear. My old battery did but it started blinking not long after which indicated it wasn't holding power.

Everything seems to be working fine for me now :)

Thanks for the advice, however I'm afraid I'm gonna have to give up and return it and ask for a replacement. I just can't do anything anymore with it. There's something wrong, I don't know what it is, but it's definitely not normal! I can't even boot angstrom anymore, I can't reflash it, I can't charge, I can't do anything.... :(

Hi Murff did you use this guide http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/53637-first-boot-its-asking-for-a-login-and-password/ the firmware file is hosted on a very fast server too. Just look at post #10 by Notaz

I had to use it when playing about and broke the OS (was my own fault)

Thanks mvickers03. I've used it a few times. But my pandora freezes all the time. It froze a couple of times when flashing as well and I've tried with different sd cards. But even when the flashing works, it doesn't solve my issues unfortunately... Thanks anyway!

Murff said:
Thanks mvickers03. I've used it a few times. But my pandora freezes all the time. It froze a couple of times when flashing as well and I've tried with different sd cards. But even when the flashing works, it doesn't solve my issues unfortunately... Thanks anyway!

Yep just return it, we will make it all good again.

Thanks Craig, I've sent it back this morning, hopefully you'll be able to figure out what's wrong with it! :)

My battery doesn't seem be holding it's charge.

It had about 25% left last night, and I did a full shut down. Today it won't switch on. I've had it plugged in for about ten minutes now, still no light :(

If it comes on, will do a full charge and see how it goes, but if not, I guess OP will be happy to swap out the battery for me.

Dammit I wanted to play Picodrive!

sparkymark said:
My battery doesn't seem be holding it's charge.

It had about 25% left last night, and I did a full shut down. Today it won't switch on. I've had it plugged in for about ten minutes now, still no light :(

If it comes on, will do a full charge and see how it goes, but if not, I guess OP will be happy to swap out the battery for me.

Dammit I wanted to play Picodrive!

harumpth - 20minutes later still nothing tried everything. I guess the battery will have to go back. I guess it goes back to

26 Meadow Road,

Newcastle upon Tyne,
NE15 7LP
England

?

EDIT - I take it back, now it's charging. I'll keep a close eye on it. :blink:

sparkymark said:
EDIT - I take it back, now it's charging. I'll keep a close eye on it. :blink:
Good luck!

Back