Power Supply For Gp2x / Cradle

karl

Still Fresh
Hello,
I've just ordered a cradle for my GP2X but I'm wondering where I can buy power supplies for both the GP2X and the cradle.

Does anybody know of any British shops that sell compatible power supplies? And if I buy the power supplies, do I need to follow any special instructions? I don't want to fry my favourite games machine! :)

The "Robiton IN2000S" is reported to be sufficent to power up your gp2x.

It works fine for mine gp2x_f100+cradle+gamepads

This topic page adress ends with "666", so be careful

Thanks for that suggestion, but I'm not sure if I can buy that power supply over here in the UK.

I took the cradle instruction manual to an electrical shop, and the guy said it also depends on the polarity of the adaptor.. but the GP2X cradle doesn't seem to have any instructions on what the polarity should be. Does anybody know what the settings need to be? I know it;s 5V / 3A but other than that, I don't know about polarity and stuff.

I'd just rather be sure as I don't want to fry my cradle / GP2X before I've even used it! :S

For some weird reason, the 2X requires center negative, whilst the cradle requires center positive.

Squidge said:
For some weird reason, the 2X requires center negative, whilst the cradle requires center positive.

It's looking bleak now as my cradle won't fit with my GP2X. I have one of the 'dud' cradles - I'm going to have to send it back. What a hassle! (ps. I *have* removed the rubber plug on the bottom of the GP2X...)

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe you've got one of those dud GP2X's, and the cradle's just fine ;)

I tried to power up my gp2x with not correct polarity - it was funny smell :)

I think that 3v enogh when PSU is 2000mA.

I'm not that familiar with the effect of slightly too much or not enough voltage, but does anyone know if 6V or 4.5V (with .3A) could be used safely with the GP2X CRADLE. That's all I can find in the local area...

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

.3A? That's 300mA. Not enough. If you could get something like a 1.2A (1200mA) @ 4.5V, it should be fine however, as long as it's regulated.

The 5V is only really required for the USB ports AFAIK, everything else runs at 3V (with perhaps a half a volt drop but not sure about that. Not ripped a cradle apart to find out.)

Back