Gp2x Cradle Problem!

tony2k1

Still Fresh
Please help me anyone out there please, I really need help the about gp2x cradle that i buy from ebay for 65 dollar included shiping charged when i receive it. Is got no power adaptor or power supply come with it, so i plug a wrong power supply and i hear a crack and smoke come out. But the red power light still on the cradle then i try plug my usb mouse and keyboard to try see that the cradle usb port working or not. Now my keyboard and mouse not working anymore on my pc. Do i got it fryed i never know anything about this before PLease help me help anyone. sorry for my english.

updates:anyone want this gp2x cradle before i throw it in the trash. The cradle still power on but when i inserted gp2x to it, it crash and shutdown.It also make my mouse and keyboard fry and now it wont working on any my computer anymore weird shite cradle. Anyone outthere can fix it?

What adaptor did you use? The cradle requires 5V Center positive. If you used a center negative, the power light should not have come on, and 5V is not going to kill your usb peripherals (they might get a little upset, but fine otherwise).

I use any power supply and i can still see the red power light on the cradle however when i inserted gp2x to the cradle it crash and shurdown the screen. My keyboard and mouse are not working anymore on my computer after plug into the cradle usb port.

yup the ebay it a bad seller he refused to answer since i pay by money order it hard to get exchange or refund.My keyboard and mouse it not working any of my pc anymore after i plug in to the cradle usb port, it possible i got it all fryed. Anyone want to fixed it i pay shiping charged.

My gp2x model it 1b anyone got a cap joystick for sale?

tony2k1 said:
I use any power supply and i can still see the red power light on the cradle however when i inserted gp2x to
Your not understanding my question. WHAT adaptor did you use the first time you connected it to the gp2x cradle. Volts and amperage please.

Bryce Leo said:
tony2k1 said:
i hear a crack and smoke come out.
Did you try contacting the seller to get a new one sent out?
I very much doubt the seller is going to replace an item that was blown up by using the wrong power adaptor :)

Last edited by a moderator:
tony2k1 said:
...., so i plug a wrong power supply and i hear a crack and smoke come out. But the red power light still on the cradle then i try plug my usb mouse and keyboard to try see that the cradle usb port working or not. Now my keyboard and mouse not working anymore on my pc. Do i got it fryed i never know anything about this before PLease help me help anyone. sorry for my english.
updates:anyone want this gp2x cradle before i throw it in the trash. The cradle still power on but when i inserted gp2x to it, it crash and shutdown.It also make my mouse and keyboard fry and now it wont working on any my computer anymore weird shite cradle. Anyone outthere can fix it?
Plugging in a power supply with wrong polarity, voltage and amperage probably has done some damage to the cradle hence the smoke and crackling sound. These types of phenomenon are usually very wrong when it comes to electronic equipment.
I would say it was rather unwise to then proceed with plugging in a keyboard and a mouse just because for some reason the red light of the cradle was still on. You obviously succeeded in damaging both the mouse and the keyboard as they are also not working on your computer. The sheer nerve you portrayed by then proceeding to insert the gp2x onto the cradle is something I have yet to fathom.

I guess you are extremely lucky if the gp2x is still working.
The thing is a lot of electronic equipment out there has fail safe guards in place so that it prevents circuit failure when you insert a wrong power supply - up to certain limits. The gp2x has none of these things so you need to be extremely cautious when using a power supply on this device.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did know not anything about power supply for the gp2x cradle before i buy it, i thought it same as other system otherwise i ain't fry all my stuff because it never happened to me before. So what do i do now i already lost mouse ,keyboard and the cradle costs over 100 dollars.Can someone fix it?

yup my gp2x f1 still working fine it just the gp2x cradle caused me big trouble. I feel so sad because of the cradle it caused me eating and sleeping for a weeks now. If someone outthere can help me please.

Back