PPSSPP - Down + Left Stuck?

Prophet

God I'm old.
Website
Visit site
I'm hoping someone can tell me if this is a problem only I have.  1Ghx pandora, fairly new, works in all applications as I've come to expect after working with my classic pandora.  The lone exception so far is PPSSPP.  For some reason any game I start acts as if I am holding down the 'Down + Left' arrow.  All my characters race to the bottom left of the screen, all my menus rocket through in whatever direction 'down' indicates they scroll...  I can't figure out how to reset the nubs or whatnot.  Is this something anyone else is dealing with?

I experienced that as well.

So far I can tell you that you are not alone =D

But I did not look any further into it yet.

I'm hoping someone can tell me if this is a problem only I have.  1Ghx pandora, fairly new, works in all applications as I've come to expect after working with my classic pandora.  The lone exception so far is PPSSPP.  For some reason any game I start acts as if I am holding down the 'Down + Left' arrow.  All my characters race to the bottom left of the screen, all my menus rocket through in whatever direction 'down' indicates they scroll...  I can't figure out how to reset the nubs or whatnot.  Is this something anyone else is dealing with?

Seems to be an unresolved issue with the left nub on recent pandoras as I have the same issue on my rebirth unit.. someone had posted a config file fix/workaround for Mupen64, but not sure what that config file change is actually doing or if it could be implemented in a global Pandora fix.

/index.php/topic/12253-issue-width-the-left-nub/#entry231144">http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php/topic/12253-issue-width-the-left-nub/#entry231144

Last edited by a moderator:
You mean you are/were able to play a game fulls peed on this emulator? I have yet to find a game that was playable on this. :angry:  

Sorry if I changed the topic. The thread just surprised me a bit. :wacko:  

This Left+Down is strange. Le Left Stick is used in PPSSPP as the analog stick of the PSP. The lauch script change the parameter of both stick to "absolute", use official script, and than restore back to original value after exiting of PPSSPP.

Inside PPSSPP, the left stick is read using standard SDL command. Nothing fancy.

Does your left stick works normaly (as a mouse pointer for example) on other software? And does it work normaly on games that uses sticks as joysticks, like SuperGeometryDust or PewPew2?

You mean you are/were able to play a game fulls peed on this emulator? I have yet to find a game that was playable on this. :angry:  

Sorry if I changed the topic. The thread just surprised me a bit. :wacko:  
If I remember right "IngoReis" mentioned in a different topic that

"Trailblazer is very enjoyable with sound,

Tales of Eternia is very enjoyable with Sound too"

through ppsspp

EDIT : just follow : http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php/topic/11418-ppsspp-emulator-for-psp/page-7#entry231064
I have tested Trailblazer, even on a Rebirth, it is playable (with Buffer OFF and FrameSkip ON). There is a bit a frameskip, but yes, fully playable 3D Game.

This Left+Down is strange. Le Left Stick is used in PPSSPP as the analog stick of the PSP. The lauch script change the parameter of both stick to "absolute", use official script, and than restore back to original value after exiting of PPSSPP.

Inside PPSSPP, the left stick is read using standard SDL command. Nothing fancy.

Does your left stick works normaly (as a mouse pointer for example) on other software? And does it work normaly on games that uses sticks as joysticks, like SuperGeometryDust or PewPew2?
Oh yes, it works in every other application as designed, only PPSSPP seems to have the issues.  Reading the compatibility thread for PPSSPP at large both Puzzle Quest and Disgaea: AoD are supposed to be playable.  From what little I can tell they SEEM to run decently (that is to say characters make rapid progress to the bottom left of their initial screens before halting :) ).  I'd love to play more, but it's impossible currently.

I can build a special PND with no change of Nubs settings (but analog control will be only available via on-screen control)... I'll try to build something.

Here:  is a version were you can optionaly disable analog controls with nubs.

For this, you have to create a dummy files named "no_analog" inside appdate/PPSSPP/home/ folder (juste use mousepad for exemple).

Hope it helps.

*EDIT* Attachement removed, grab it on the repo, Build 10 include that (and corrected Analog controls).

Here: 
attachicon.gif
PPSSPP.pnd is a version were you can optionaly disable analog controls with nubs.

For this, you have to create a dummy files named "no_analog" inside appdate/PPSSPP/home/ folder (juste use mousepad for exemple).

Hope it helps.
oh yeah it helps  :D  just played this very well with d pad and buttons.

Thank you for this.

Worked for me too ptitSeb!  I supposed games that use both the D-Pad and the Nub on the PSP would be an issue, but it's working great for my small game collection :)

thanks!

Well, that thing bothered me... It looks like a bug, so I dig a bit on my code...  :blink:  well, it is a bug. I corrected it. I will upload a new release soon, tomorow probably, that will have correct nubs function (and I keep the ability to deactivate the nubs also)

So will this version be different than the one in this thread on 3/14 that I downloaded and thought was great. ;)  ??

I update the code every time. So it will be a newer version ;) , with probably more function implemented.
Just played Trailblazer. Seemed to have loaded much faster this time. Great response with d-pad and buttons too.

Thanks again for this improvement.

Last edited:
Back