Prboom Update? 2.2.6 -> 2.4.7

bomberman

I'm not a programmer so I depend on the generosity of all the available material and their programming authors. Kudos to all of them.

Is there a plan to update prboom?

If not, can someone give me tips on how to go about it? I compared the original source to the GP version and noticed the differences, most of which seem to be able to be added to the new version. I just don't have a dev environment.

Thanks

I guess I should speak up...

I've got prboom compiling for open2x, but to get a normal GP2X firmware one would take a little more work

The funny problem with prboom is that it requires being statically linked with the same version of glibc, and GPH's kernels are quite a ways behind...

Hooka said:
I guess I should speak up...

I've got prboom compiling for open2x, but to get a normal GP2X firmware one would take a little more work

The funny problem with prboom is that it requires being statically linked with the same version of glibc, and GPH's kernels are quite a ways behind...
So this should be an appeal to GPH for an update as well, I guess. Maybe all the enthusiastic firmware jockeys that experimented before will take that to heart with 4.0, considering what was left out. I guess I'll have to wait. No time/know-how to tinker in that area.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Back