Pre-Ordered :d

JeFF

First post !

Yay, I just pre-ordered my pandora :D !
I'm currently number 150 on the 4000 available on batch 2 !!

Also, I have a little question. I Know that the pandora
support SDHC cards, so does it supports regular sd cards?
Finally, I'm not sure, but is it possible to use a usb key instead of sd cards
tu put stuff on?

Thanks !

Best first post I've seen in a while, welcome :)
SD Cards and USB sticks should work.

JeFF12 said:
Great, so my usb stick will work for my pandora ! :p

Thank you !
As long as it's a standard USB stick, then it should be fine. There's probably still some floating around that aren't, but it's been a while since I had any trouble with a USB stick outside of Windows.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I recall correctly, Prometheus used a USB thumbdrive exclusively for everything because she didn't have SD cards.
As to using regular SD cards, it should be backwards compatible, but has anyone actually tried it? It'd just be a software compatibility thing if it's not, but I'm pretty sure it is.

WizardStan said:
If I recall correctly, Prometheus used a USB thumbdrive exclusively for everything because she didn't have SD cards.
As to using regular SD cards, it should be backwards compatible, but has anyone actually tried it? It'd just be a software compatibility thing if it's not, but I'm pretty sure it is.
I recall somebody using an 1GiB card for the OS, so yeah plain old SD cards should work too...

WizardStan said:
It was Eniko ;)

WizardStan said:
As mali notes, that was Eniko - I have more SD and SDHC Cards than I know what to do with, myself! :lol: (They've been racking up ever since I got my First Edition GP2X, back in the day. :p That was when I got my first card, back when a 1GB card cost £20!)

As for regular SD Cards, I have tried it. I reserve an old 2GB Kingston card for my writings. :p So they definitely work.

JeFF12 said:
...I'm currently number 150 on the 4000 available on batch 2 !!...

Where did you get that number?

greendots said:
The usb slot requires the 2.0 standard also...
Yes. Any old USB stick will work. It has to be a USB 2.0 stick, or it will not work on it's own, you have to hook it up by using a hub with USB 2.0. This adds a lot of bulk...
B!

You got a number estimate for your batch 2 pre-order? I didn't. Who did you order with?

JeFF12 said:
tu put stuff on?

Thanks !
SD cards work. SDHC cards work. SDXC cards work. USB keys work. SD cards in a USB adapter work.

The only thing that doesn't work is USB hard disks that draw too much power. Hard disks with a separate power supply work.

Neko said:
JeFF12 said:
tu put stuff on?

Thanks !
SD cards work. SDHC cards work. SDXC cards work. USB keys work. SD cards in a USB adapter work.

The only thing that doesn't work is USB hard disks that draw too much power. Hard disks with a separate power supply work.

Does this mean the "SD slots" can potentially read other formats too, like my Memory Stick Pro Duos? This will certainly save space in my carrying case.

No. SD, SDHC, and SDXC all share the same form-factor and means of being read, this is why they all work. :p

If you want to read memory sticks, you'll have to use a USB reader.

emcee said:
JeFF12 said:
...I'm currently number 150 on the 4000 available on batch 2 !!...

Where did you get that number?

My place in the line?
Send a message to OP sales, telling them your order number, and they'll tell you where you are in the line.

Back