Prequ Engine, Fullscreen And Sound

asimov-solensan

Very Active Member
I can run the game but without sound and windowed, I know that it can't be set to 800x480, but at least i want to hide the xfce toolbar and window decoration.

I have been looking in the lba.cfg file SvgaDriver is set to VESA and LbaWinFullScreen to 1. It's supposed to start in fullscreen doesn't?

The other problem is that I don't have music or sound, you need to install timidity bu it gives you few options and I don't know the differences between them (Freepats, small set, EAWpats), furthermore it asks you where to install them, I have tried to do it within tha card I have prequ. lba.cfg has a lot of options refering to the sound, where you need to select the soundcard, tried a couple options here but nothing.

There are few people who managed to run the game correctly, can someone help me?

Regarding sebt3's build of timidity/installer .. the various options are merely 'size of instruments' -- the better sounding you want, the bigger the files and the more processing required; might be best to just pick the smaller or midling size one and call it a day; it shoudl 'just work' once installed.

Never tried the other thing though..

jeff

But I need to install one of them only or the three can be installed at the same time? What's the difference (wich programs will give problems) between installing in the internal flash or a SD card?

Thanks skeezix

You can install any one you want, but only one at a time. They're just different "voices" for instruments and will sound a little bit different. For some people these differences matter, for others they don't. I just went with the largest one, if that helps any. Installing to SD is probably better since NAND is so limited and you don't want to fill it up, the only problem is that you have to have that SD card in the Pandora in order to play games that use midi music.

Back