Beta Prequ Engine (Another Lba Engine)

Dave18 said:
Hi

Tried this out and it's fun, frustratingly difficult but fun. I've got a problem though, I've got the orb that should let my use fireballs but I cannot find a button for it. I thought it should by 'X' but that doesn't work, the on screen message says it's 'Alt' but obviously that is mapped to the start button.

I couldn't find any mappings in the lba.cfg file, any idea which key I should be pressing to release a fireball?

[edit] - I can't find the button to bring the holomap either ('H' doesn't work).

Thank

I have very little time currently so I can't check this in any detail right now.
But, you could try either 'q' or 'w', they are mapped to something im not sure the function of, and a quick look tells me 'q' have the same mapping as the alt keys, so that's your best bet.
It was quiet a long time ago I played it so I don't remember all game mechanics but I get the impression from various sites that you need to be in aggressive mode in order to use the magicball (if that is what you are referring to as fireball?)
The holomap is mapped to 'h', however,I understand that the holomap isn't completly implemented in this engine, only some bit's and pieces.

Last edited by a moderator:
mrdremel said:
Dimacus said:
Unfortunately this is one of the drawbacks on only having the autosave, it did save your progress, it's just that it didn't save your position or the fact that you are in a lab coat.
It does however save your possessions, like coins,clovers,life and items (as far as i can tell anyway).
And it saves your location in the world (if you had gone out of the lab first, you would have started just outside).

And just as a precaution, please remove your old lba.cfg if you have not done so (it's in the appdata/prequengine directory)
Ok, thanks for the info. I'll try again
Yep, saving works!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back