Pandora Problem running terminal program from PND

Yoyobuae

Very Active Member
I made a PND for a terminal based program. I'm using the following run.sh script to launch it:

#!/bin/sh
set -a
PATH=$PWD/bin:$PATH
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$PWD/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
LOGOLIB=$PWD/lib/logo/logolib
LOGOHELP=$PWD/lib/logo/helpfiles
terminal --geometry=38x23+0+0 --hide-menubar --hide-borders -e "logo $@"
Usually it runs just fine, but if I open a terminal window before launching my PND (ie. using XFCE) then I only get a blank/unresponsive terminal.

If I launch my PND first then it works. But if I open a terminal window afterwards then I get a different shell prompt:

bash-3.2$Instead of the usual:

yoyobuae-openpandora:~$
Anyone have any ideas what could be happening?

Well I stole this from someone else, so I can't have all the credit.. I'm sourcing another file, but I think what you need is the --execute bash part of it.

Code:
terminal --title "Regina ReXX terminal" --execute bash --rcfile scripts/intro.sh $*

Terminal based PND are not simplest to make in fact.

You can grab my Cdrdao for an example, or if you need precise geometry, try Cataclysm-Roguelike for another example using another terminal.

Note: PND can be openned on Windows with 7zip, or mounted on Unix.

On the pandora, use:

/usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh -p path/to/pnd -m

To mount without running a PND, and use same command with "-u" to unmount.

Good luck with your PND :)

I bet the terminals you're using are being clever in annoying ways? Offhand I have seen some that will try to.. if you launch a second one, they will in fact talk to the previous one and have it  open up another window, that sort of madness. But otherwise.. if you run a pnd 3 times in a  row, with complete exits.. they are not related per se, except through appdata; is something going there? OR are they not cleanly existing, leaving something going and so subsequent invocations are broken?

But having a non-pnd interact with a pnd terminal.. thats very suspicious.

Nothing to do with terminals in general, but the terminal you're using is doing somethign weird I'm sure...

jeff

Back