Problem With Fsms32

i have some gamegear games that write: (crc unknown)
when i tried this game the colors are strange and the game is not playable.
but sometime i rename the rom and the crc is correct, i rename shining force and the game was know as a game gear game and sometime when i rescan the game write again (crc unknown) strange !

my big problem is : mircomachine 1 and 2 are (crc unknown) and i cant play these games. i tried everything

what can i do . if you want you can test these 3 games
thnak you

two symbol ??? wow how can you do this
when i copy my roms gpmanager and pc link dont accept 2 symbol.
so i rename my game gear roms like this: micro.gg to micro.ggg

how can i copy .gg files in my smc card ??

no i think u may have misunder stood

what i meant was that the gp32 does for some reason not like two symbol extentions and so u jus rename the game gear rom .gg to master system rom .sms because they where basicly the same console and so the roms are still accepted

either that or put the .gg file into a zip because the version of fsms32 i have or most as far as i know support zips

no problem

Firstly, you can transfer files with 2-letter extensions. You need to use either a hacked version of PC-Link (search old news for "PC-Link deluxe"), or GPDrive/Phodrive. Both will work fine.

Secondly, if an SMS game has weird colours, its actually a gamegear rom that someone's renamed to .sms instead of .gg (or .ggg). If a gamegear one does, then its an SMS rom and needs to be renamed from either .ggg or .gg to .sms. I seem to remember, though, that if a game is zipped, the emu sometimes makes the wrong assumptions in chosing the console for it to be played on, though I can't remember if that's when the file in the .zip is a .gg or a .ggg or something completely different. It was bizarre when it happened to me.

There is, incidentally, an interesting side effect I noticed when playing a badly renamed gamegear game once - it played at the SMS resolution. And it oddly enough *didn't* have a ton of extra pixels where there shouldn't have been any - the game seemed to scale perfectly. Pity the colours being messed up made it virtually unplayable, and completely unfun (and it crashed about 2 mins in lol).

Scazw: They are basically the same console but for two very important things. SMS has a higher resolution, and GG has a higher palette; if the colours are messed up then the game isn't actually for that console - its for the other one. Which is I think what you were trying to say, but not what it came out like (seemed like you were saying to rename any gamegear game to .SMS in order to transfer it and it will run correctly - which isn't the case, I'm afraid).

gbfan: Yes, you can use Winrar. Select all the files you want to zip, right click, choose the "add to archive" with the rar icon next to it. Then select "use separate archives" (each file will be zipped separately) and choose zip as the method of compression. Then hit OK and voila - a directory full of zips :)

can i zip my file with winrar ?? or winzip ??
because i try zlib but i dont understand or it work it seem difficult to understand
can you help me a little
thanks

gbfan tell me the names of the rom in long form factor
(with the [!] stuff and so on)

i've fixed prince of persia and chase hq already, which had the same trouble

the problem is that the GoodSMS database says the CRC is from a SMS game when its really a GG game, and viceversa. I use the CRC to switch SMS or GG mode when running a rom.

About renaming to fixing it, its due to the fSMS32 fileselector, which had a bug (now removed) similar to the savestate bug one: when you rename the rom at SMC, the fSMS32 keeps the position on the list despite the CRC, and this old position could be a different SMS/GG game and the system could be overridden

hope it makes more sense now... if any

all this will be fixed in the incoming new beta of fSMS32

Back