Problem With Official Devkit And Windows Xp

dontspam

Still Fresh
When I create new project and try to compile it on my friends computer with Windows ME I get no errors.

..but on my laptop with Windows XP Home Edition I get following output:
Code:
Compiler: gp2x
Building Makefile: "C:\GP2XSDK\projects\Test\Makefile.gp2x"
Executing  make...
make.exe -f "C:\GP2XSDK\projects\Test\Makefile.gp2x" all
cygwin-mkdir -p "gp2x"

make.exe: *** [all-before] Error -1073741511

Execution terminated

and when I type (on command prompt)
Code:
C:\GP2XSDK\bin\cygwin-mkdir -p "gp2x"
I get a message popup window telling me this: (this is poorly translated by me from finnish)
Code:
Procedures starting point _impure_ptr cannot be found in the linkable library cygwin1.dll

Does anybody know how to get the sdk working?

copy the cygwin dll from your friends computer to your laptop, or even better, the entire cygwin directory. it seems like you have an incompatible version.

The sdk installations should be identical.. I unpacked the official sdk to both computers from the same zip file (which should contain everything needed to compile windows and gp2x executables).

Thats odd, have you checked your paths? Has your windows account got Administrator rights? Maybe thier sdk does not install correctly if you don't. (straw clutch)

Problem solved! I had old version of cygwin1.dll in WINDOWS and WINDOWS/system32 folders (I should have known...) Removed them and now the compiling works. Thanks for your replies.

I was just getting ready to suggest that... I had the same exact problem!

Problem solved! I had old version of cygwin1.dll in WINDOWS and WINDOWS/system32 folders (I should have known...) Removed them and now the compiling works. Thanks for your replies.

Sorry, hyjacking your thread a bit. ;)

But i'm a bit confused, why is the official sdk using cygwin where as the sdk in the archives is not? Seems to be an added layer to go wrong. Could they not just use the arm gcc that runs on win32?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sorry, hyjacking your thread a bit. ;)

But i'm a bit confused, why is the official sdk using cygwin where as the sdk in the archives is not? Seems to be an added layer to go wrong. Could they not just use the arm gcc that runs on win32?
I was just wondering that as well...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back